+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef All-Star Reunion Show Discussion Thread - 11/04

Re: Top Chef All-Star Reunion Show Discussion Thread - 11/04

mmmm....well Fabio needs to work on his hosting skills, very stilted.

Marcel as always proved what an a$$ he is.

Glad they cleared up the Carla/Casey finale debacle.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3744396;
    Seriously disappointing. Richard Blais (one of my all time favorites) said how much he missed the competition of the show. I would LOVE to see the top 3 or 4 from every season compete on a full season of their own.
    Richard was recently on Iron Chef America, for the life of me I can't remember who he competed against, but he did lose. I thought he'd done a good job, it was fun seeing him again.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

That was a rerun, I saw it too. Did you notice that his sous chef was Eli, from this season? Eli used to work for him. I guess it's a small culinary world.

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3745187;
    Richard was recently on Iron Chef America, for the life of me I can't remember who he competed against, but he did lose. I thought he'd done a good job, it was fun seeing him again.
    He competed against Mario Batali. I belive it was taped before he appeared on Top Chef.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3745198;
    That was a rerun, I saw it too. Did you notice that his sous chef was Eli, from this season? Eli used to work for him. I guess it's a small culinary world.
    I think Eli and Kevin know each other as well. I think (emphasis on the word "think") they worked together.

They seem chummy on the show.

FORT Fan

Best part...

seeing everybody all fat.

This is not a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3745676;
    Best part...

seeing everybody all fat.

Yeap, Harold has gained weight, who else?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Love Fabio but he was very out of his element here. He needs more time and they're hoping the accent will carry him for a while until he gets the hang of it. Marcel truly is a turd trying to extend his 15 minutes by being the biggest piece of crap that ever graced the Top Chef kitchen. While I knew that they would not stop rolling film when Fabio said they should, I was indeed glad he told him to keep his crabby butt home next time if he didn't want to address anything. Called his bluff because we all know the fame whore in him will keep him coming back for more. Wish they would have had Cliff there to grab him up again. Sometimes I wonder if his mother even likes him. Before I thought maybe he was just young and cocky, but a few extra years have not taught him anything it seems.

I tried to keep an open mind and watch this in spite of everything I've read here but from the second Fabio came out and started talking like he was reading very badly from cue cards to Marcel being a jerk and saying he hadn't watched the other season, it was just awful!

I lasted about 15 minutes before I stopped the recording and deleted it.

What a waste of 15 minutes.

I think the Top Chef producers don't quite get it. They were trying to stir up controversy even in this dinner. Oddly, what I loved seeing was Carla and Casey showing us they didn't harbor any ill will. I liked seeing Tiffany own up to bad attitude and saying it made her rethink herself. It may not be controversial, but I enjoyed that aspect more. I do find it unfortunate that Marcel isn't appearing to grow up. Oddly though when the camera just panned away at one point when they were all sitting together (I think in the chairs near the beginning of the show) we see Marcel and Ilan having a very civil conversation, appearing as if they've moved on. Then Marcel freaked out. I was glad Fabio called him on it, and told him to 'just say no' the next time Top Chef called!

One of the reasons I loved Top Chef Masters is because there wasn't a lot of fighting among the chefs. They were helpful to each other. The kitchen alone causes its own drama without manufacturing it. I understand that on Top Chef they are playing for charity and not $100,000. That allows the masters to be competitive but they don't feel they need to prove anything as they are already established in their careers as very good. Otherwise they wouldn't be on the show. The regular contestants are trying to prove they are good. It doesn't excuse some of what we've seen but I do understand that. The inherent differences between the two series makes them enjoyable for different reasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast