+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef All-Star Reunion Show Discussion Thread - 11/04

Re: Top Chef All-Star Reunion Show Discussion Thread - 11/04

Just absolutely LOVED watching FABIO last night. He did so awesome as the HOST!!

Marcel is a jerk and an idiot. Did you see he was not even using the proper end of the spoon and fork while eating? Crap, he must have had a crappy life as he is just so MISERABLE.

Rock on, FABIO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3743718;
    Okay, for the lack of drama, the food does look good.
    The food better look (and taste!) good at $200/head (right? $500 per team, 5 teams, 12 diners?)!

I thought it was fun to watch. I looooooooove Fabio although I think his hosting was a little Christopher Walken/The Continental Meets Andy Cohen. Would have been REALLY fun and irreverent to have Stefan host this thing, haha.

Loooooooooove Stefan . . . the Lesbian Opportunivore (greatest line in Top Chef since "monkey ass on an empty clam shell")!

Like others, I found the show completely tedious and boring. I continued watching only to see the dishes they made as most of them are really good cooks. I didn't find Fabio entertaining at all and would not watch any show of his again. Dull as paint drying for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

BOOOORRRING. Nice to see everyone again, but BOOORRRRING.

It's a show about cooking. People watching it like cooking. This is not "real housewives" and by trying to make into real housewives of the kitchen they made it BOOORRRINNG.

I LOVED this! It was great to see so many of my favorites from past seasons eating and talking together, rather than competing. I've totally missed the Fabio-Stephan "bromance," I liked seeing a mellower Hung (still one of my all-time faves), and I'm glad Carla and Casey cleared the air. And of course I love Fabio! It was also nice to see the Season 1 vets.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=rebotco;3744033;]The food better look (and taste!) good at $200/head (right? $500 per team, 5 teams, 12 diners?)!

Stefan . . . the Lesbian Opportunivore (greatest line in Top Chef since "monkey ass on an empty clam shell")

This was the BEST quote ever! I was really hoping it might be a judging - see which could make the best dish/course, but no judges anywhere? Fabio was charming, but not a mentor in the kitchen, and I would have loved to have Tom there to check out what each was doing!

I love Tiffany, Carla and Richard... and think we should have a top chef season of the 2nd and 3rd runners up!

I loved the show last night. It was great seeing all the old cast members. Fabio did a great job, but I like him anyway. He is quite charming.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Seriously disappointing. Richard Blais (one of my all time favorites) said how much he missed the competition of the show. I would LOVE to see the top 3 or 4 from every season compete on a full season of their own.

This show was not good. The only people that redeemed it for me (somewhat) were Fabio, Stefan, and Richard. I just adore all three of them. I was laughing when Fabio got mad and said to turn the cameras off. Did they set this up? Did he really think that they were going to turn off the cameras when there was finally some drama to get on film!?

I just cannot warm up to Marcel. He keeps claiming he's a such a nice guy, but he wouldn't come off as such an a$$ on the show if he did not give them plentiful opportunities to get it on film!!! Did he seriously think he could show up at a reunion show and expect them not to ask about what was possibly the most controversial event to ever happen on this show?? Fabio was just trying to do his job and I didn't think he deserved to get a bunch of flack over it. I think the people who were getting huffy just had sour grapes because they weren't selected to host the show themselves, they're just haters!!

Classic too much of a (pretty good) thing.

Like the difference between an amuse bouche (Fabio's cute accented asides during his season) and an entree (Fabio trying to project that personality to carry an entire hour). He was no longer AMUSING to me about 3 minutes into this show.

Stupid, Brand Diluting, Filler. Watch your step, Bravo. It's a great franchise, but this was distracting, pointless, excuse of a highlights show.

Top Chef Masters was fantastic. This never should have made it to the airwaves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast