+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sept. 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: Sept. 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Preeti goes home. No huge surprise. I can't believe that some of these chefs have not learned that pasta salad doesn't fly in this competition sometimes.

That was one of the questions yes. And I believe it was stated that it was seasoned well.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Newbie

I don't usually post on Top Chef thread..why can't I post on individual chef threads? They are closed? Totally think Michael V is going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3688432;
    That was one of the questions yes. And I believe it was stated that it was seasoned well.
    Ok, my Slingbox skipped a few seconds.

I agree any of those two girls should go but so does Michael. If you only had those 2 dishes to eat, which one would go for seconds; the bland faux sea salad or the seasoned okay pasta salad?

I was waiting for Tom to ask whose idea it was for everyone to work in teams...

The girls are dropping like flies. But I must say, the men are the better chefs so far. But right now, I would put Jennifer at the top of this competition. She placed in the Top3 in all of the QFs, won 2, placed in the top for the first elimination challenge, probably would have placed in the top if the girls had not lost the bachelor's challenge, and did a good job ruling the kitchen. If she doesn't make it towards the end and instead gets eliminated midway (kinda like Tre, TC3), I'll be shocked.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3688435;
    I don't usually post on Top Chef thread..why can't I post on individual chef threads? They are closed? Totally think Michael V is going to win.
    During the show and until it has shown on the West Coast the moderators shut the individual threads to prevent spoilers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The men are dominating this competition this time. The women, except for Jennifer, seem to be weak. Pretti did deserve to go home.
    Did anyone think the judges were really mean at judging last night? Tom, Padma and Gail are suppose to be critical but they just seemed overly critical and nasty. That's JMO though.

FORT Regular

I thought last night's show was fascinating. I can't stand Mike I, but he had a great idea to divide into teams of two and have Jennifer play executive chef. With the limited number of ways to actually cook food in the military kitchen, last night was clearly a trainwreck on track to happen.

Can you imagine what it would have looked like with 15 individuals fighting to each do their own dish in that kitchen? My husband and I both believe that is what the producers intended, by the way. They set up the challenge to create conflict over the limited options both for ingredients and heating devices. Instead, they organized in advance and put someone in charge of the kitchen to keep it flowing. Instead of a trainwreck, they got a meal where everything was complete on time and nothing was terrible. Boring and unoriginal, yes. Dreadful, no. That's pretty amazing. I thought it was the best use of someone with immunity ever. And it sure looked like it was Mike I's idea, which makes me give him just a teensy smidgeon of credit, much as I dislike him. I also give kudos to Jennifer for agreeing to do it, instead of saying that she had to produce some sort of dish in order to continue to wow the judges.

Honestly, I was sort of impressed with the whole cast for agreeing to it and working so well through it. It's how a kitchen should run, but it's not what we generally see with the Primadonnas on Top Chef.

BTW, I do agree that Jennifer is the only woman who has really impressed me this year. Several of the guys are standing out - I expect great things from Kevin, Eli, and both brothers - but think they brought out a pretty sub standard group of women. I guess they wanted close to even numbers for their bachelor/ette challenge, so they took less qualified female candidates.

FORT Fogey

I am confused why is it too hot for clam chowder, but not chili?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast