+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

I saw some promos for upcoming episodes that looked like fun. One is with former Top Chef contestants acting as judges, and the other one is with Lost's Carlton and Damon, another with Neil Patrick Harris and Zooey Deschanel. The only down side is that Jeff Lewis, who completely stimulates my gag reflex, will also appear on one of the episodes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3497989;
    I saw some promos for upcoming episodes that looked like fun. One is with former Top Chef contestants acting as judges, and the other one is with Lost's Carlton and Damon, another with Neil Patrick Harris and Zooey Deschanel. The only down side is that Jeff Lewis, who completely stimulates my gag reflex, will also appear on one of the episodes.
    LOVING Top Chef Masters. Just read that we can anticipate some drama down the road.

I finally got around to watching this show, I'm way behind on my DVR list (busy week). Anyways, this show was sort of awesome. The only thing that kept it from being completely awesome was the hostess. She just rubbed me the wrong way.

I've gotten bored with Top Chef and I really liked the way this show was produced and how likable the chefs were. I loved all the comments about how they have new respect for the Top Chef contestants and what they go through while competing on the show. Hubert was far and away the best one there both in terms of personality and cooking ability and he could improvise with the best of them. The judges were so nice, it was almost like they were afraid to be too brutal.

I don't think the next episodes will be as "nice" as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3498844;
    Anyways, this show was sort of awesome. The only thing that kept it from being completely awesome was the hostess. She just rubbed me the wrong way.
    I just finished watching it and she rubbed me the wrong way too. I'm not sure why, she just did. Initially, I wanted to think it was because she's not Padma, but that's not it. Hopefully, she'll get better.

The show was great other than her. I wasn't sure what to expect, but glad I recorded it afterall.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3499287;
    I just finished watching it and she rubbed me the wrong way too.
    I actually liked her. I read an interview by the food critic with the dark hair that she is a really great person.

It's hard to find a show host/hostess who appeals to everyone, I think.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

I find her to be such a "non-issue" to the show that she doesn't move me one way or the other. I think that folks are just not used to her. I hate it when folks decide that they don't like someone, and they've not really even had any experience with them. I have a sister who is big on saying that "I don't like her/him" she doesn't really have any idea or exposure to that person. I could just smack her, sometimes! She doesn't seem to have any idea how idiotic she sounds. I'm still trying to get adopted away from this woman!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well if you thought that there was Padma bashing,
    This is a cakewalk to what the new hostess is like!
    Easter Bunnies!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3500619;
    I find her to be such a "non-issue" to the show that she doesn't move me one way or the other. I think that folks are just not used to her. I hate it when folks decide that they don't like someone, and they've not really even had any experience with them. I have a sister who is big on saying that "I don't like her/him" she doesn't really have any idea or exposure to that person. I could just smack her, sometimes! She doesn't seem to have any idea how idiotic she sounds. I'm still trying to get adopted away from this woman!
    Very funny. I agree with you. I am still baffled as to why people don't like Padma; I adore her! When she eats something she loves it makes me crave it.

I like this show. All past Top Chef contestants are loving this; you just know it!

FORT Newbie

With the exception of the chef who made the dessert with the mouse, it looked like none of the desserts were aimed at a young audience. They looked like little upscale morsels from a fancy restaurant. Of course, that's what they basically were. As a kid, I would have wanted ice cream, a gooey cookie, cake w frosting. I don't think I know a kid who would have been interested in that fancy stuff. And the Girl Scouts did not seem to love them either.

Kay

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kayskate;3501617;
    With the exception of the chef who made the dessert with the mouse, it looked like none of the desserts were aimed at a young audience. They looked like little upscale morsels from a fancy restaurant. Of course, that's what they basically were. As a kid, I would have wanted ice cream, a gooey cookie, cake w frosting. I don't think I know a kid who would have been interested in that fancy stuff. And the Girl Scouts did not seem to love them either.

Kay
    Yes he nailed that and was right on the money serving mac and cheese to college students, too. Dave from another season won a challenge with his truffle mac and cheese because chefs were so used to eating fancy food that they found the simple comfort dish compelling. Every smart choice for the entire crowd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast