+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,717

    Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    I saw some promos for upcoming episodes that looked like fun. One is with former Top Chef contestants acting as judges, and the other one is with Lost's Carlton and Damon, another with Neil Patrick Harris and Zooey Deschanel. The only down side is that Jeff Lewis, who completely stimulates my gag reflex, will also appear on one of the episodes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  2. #42
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3497989;
    I saw some promos for upcoming episodes that looked like fun. One is with former Top Chef contestants acting as judges, and the other one is with Lost's Carlton and Damon, another with Neil Patrick Harris and Zooey Deschanel. The only down side is that Jeff Lewis, who completely stimulates my gag reflex, will also appear on one of the episodes.
    LOVING Top Chef Masters. Just read that we can anticipate some drama down the road.

  3. #43
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    I finally got around to watching this show, I'm way behind on my DVR list (busy week). Anyways, this show was sort of awesome. The only thing that kept it from being completely awesome was the hostess. She just rubbed me the wrong way.

    I've gotten bored with Top Chef and I really liked the way this show was produced and how likable the chefs were. I loved all the comments about how they have new respect for the Top Chef contestants and what they go through while competing on the show. Hubert was far and away the best one there both in terms of personality and cooking ability and he could improvise with the best of them. The judges were so nice, it was almost like they were afraid to be too brutal.

    I don't think the next episodes will be as "nice" as this one.

  4. #44
    FORT Fogey RomanticHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    821

    Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3498844;
    Anyways, this show was sort of awesome. The only thing that kept it from being completely awesome was the hostess. She just rubbed me the wrong way.
    I just finished watching it and she rubbed me the wrong way too. I'm not sure why, she just did. Initially, I wanted to think it was because she's not Padma, but that's not it. Hopefully, she'll get better.

    The show was great other than her. I wasn't sure what to expect, but glad I recorded it afterall.

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3499287;
    I just finished watching it and she rubbed me the wrong way too.
    I actually liked her. I read an interview by the food critic with the dark hair that she is a really great person.

    It's hard to find a show host/hostess who appeals to everyone, I think.

  6. #46
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,388

    Re: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    I find her to be such a "non-issue" to the show that she doesn't move me one way or the other. I think that folks are just not used to her. I hate it when folks decide that they don't like someone, and they've not really even had any experience with them. I have a sister who is big on saying that "I don't like her/him" she doesn't really have any idea or exposure to that person. I could just smack her, sometimes! She doesn't seem to have any idea how idiotic she sounds. I'm still trying to get adopted away from this woman!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #47
    Easter Bunnies! Passepartout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Loving, Godly Person!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    478

    Re: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    Well if you thought that there was Padma bashing,
    This is a cakewalk to what the new hostess is like!
    Easter Bunnies!

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3500619;
    I find her to be such a "non-issue" to the show that she doesn't move me one way or the other. I think that folks are just not used to her. I hate it when folks decide that they don't like someone, and they've not really even had any experience with them. I have a sister who is big on saying that "I don't like her/him" she doesn't really have any idea or exposure to that person. I could just smack her, sometimes! She doesn't seem to have any idea how idiotic she sounds. I'm still trying to get adopted away from this woman!
    Very funny. I agree with you. I am still baffled as to why people don't like Padma; I adore her! When she eats something she loves it makes me crave it.

    I like this show. All past Top Chef contestants are loving this; you just know it!

  9. #49
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    48

    Re: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    With the exception of the chef who made the dessert with the mouse, it looked like none of the desserts were aimed at a young audience. They looked like little upscale morsels from a fancy restaurant. Of course, that's what they basically were. As a kid, I would have wanted ice cream, a gooey cookie, cake w frosting. I don't think I know a kid who would have been interested in that fancy stuff. And the Girl Scouts did not seem to love them either.

    Kay

  10. #50
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by kayskate;3501617;
    With the exception of the chef who made the dessert with the mouse, it looked like none of the desserts were aimed at a young audience. They looked like little upscale morsels from a fancy restaurant. Of course, that's what they basically were. As a kid, I would have wanted ice cream, a gooey cookie, cake w frosting. I don't think I know a kid who would have been interested in that fancy stuff. And the Girl Scouts did not seem to love them either.

    Kay
    Yes he nailed that and was right on the money serving mac and cheese to college students, too. Dave from another season won a challenge with his truffle mac and cheese because chefs were so used to eating fancy food that they found the simple comfort dish compelling. Every smart choice for the entire crowd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.