+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3495191;
    Great show! Like seeing experienced chefs going back to where some of these newbies are too proud to admit that they've come from. I've always hated it when the less experienced chefs (but think that their you-know-whatty" doesn't stink) crab and moan about something like cooking for judging kids. These guys were impressive.
    Yeah that always got om my nerves when those wannabe famous chef's looked down their noses at cooking for kids. I loved their comments about the kids judging the food also.

When I was in college cooking in a Dorm was not something I even thought of doing. I just ate out or waited for mom to come with a care package,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm going to jump on the "I loved this show" bandwagon with the rest of you. I think having the girl scouts as judges was a great idea, because kids usually are the toughest critics and the hardest to please when it comes to food. I thought it was hilarious that a couple of them didn't know how to use the microwave, and how Hubert made the comment about how it could do more than dry the newspaper. I think this will end up being a humbling experience for most of the chefs that participate.

I am totally in love with this show! I was not sure about it when I initially heard about it but I have to say that it was an interesting twist seeing the same chefs that judge the contestants under the knife. Its always a nice experience when you see someone who judged a simple item such as a microwave humble those guys.

I can't wait to see what Wylie Dufresne does .

old cow

Ha! Yea i agree with the rest of you guys, the dessert challenge with the girlscouts was really cute! OMG those kids were tuff! I just LOVED Hubert's dish with the little mouse design on it. How clever!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I love the idea of this show, and really like it so far, but there are somethings that keep me from loving it. Love the seeing the award winning "master chefs" being on the receiving end of the quick-fires and elimination challenges. Not so much love for the Hostess and Judges. Kelly Choi just isn't as like-able as Padma (in my opinion she comes across as beauty pageant-y and fake), and the Judges (with the exception of the Junior Girl Scouts) were just too easy on the chefs. Still I'm fascinated and will keep watching.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I hadn't planned on watching this show but I watched the season opening show and now I am hooked. I like how the one chef said he now understood what the past Top Chef contestants went thru and it wasn't easy.
    I don't like the female host, she has a blah personality and she doesn't look like she eats, so what is she doing on a food show? Is this woman a chef or just someone they thought looked good to be a host?

I had the show DVRd and watched it last night. I'm loving it and am already hooked.

How in the world did those guys prepare delicious looking meals in a dorm room? I mean, really?!? Talk about impressive!

I, too, wasn't taken with the hostess of the show or the adult judges but, hopefully in time, I may change my mind. It was good to see the female judge from regular Top Chef (can't think of her name right now but she's the one who got married last season) will be on the show in the future although it didn't seem like she'd be a regular.

Does anybody know when the new season of regular Top Chef begins? Thanks.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 06-12-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typo

I really enjoyed this show a lot!! I loved that the chefs (at least this group) we good humored, friendly, and just took the challenges in stride. I really like Hubert and remembered him from previous episodes. I also really like the charity he is playing for (Make a Wish Foundation) so I was happy to see him go through to the finals!

I also didn't like Kelly Choi as much as Padma. She was okay as hostess, but I like that Padma joins in and tries the food with the judges. Maybe she'll grow on me over the season.

LOL, glad i am not the only one that is more excited abt NPH making an appearance than anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3494559;
    Neil Patrick Harris! Woo! I am going to like this season!

not just a shower, a DORM shower!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3494683;
    You and me both! I was rooting for Hubert because I've loved him from the first time he was on season one but I had to try to calm my skeeve relexes when he brought that colander full of pasta into the shower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast