Breaking News - BRAVO DISHES PREMIERE OF "TOP CHEF MASTERS" WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10 AT 10 PM | TheFutonCritic.com
Contestants:24 World-Renowned Competing Chefs Revealed Along With Guest Stars Neil Patrick Harris, Zooey Deschanel, Morgan Spurlock, And For The First Time Together All "Top Chef" Winners
NEW YORK - April 7, 2009 - Calling all foodies: it's time to salivate! "Top Chef Masters," the spin-off series of the Emmy and James Beard Award-winning No. 1 food show on cable, "Top Chef," will premiere on Wednesday, June 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The judges' table has finally turned - and we'll see what happens when these top chefs are now on the other side. "Top Chef Masters" will pit 24 world-renowned chefs against each other and see how well they fare in the tried and true format of "Top Chef." In each episode, money will be at stake for the chefs, with the winners of eliminations being awarded cash donations for their charities. The first six episodes will consist of four chefs competing against each other to name one winner. The six winners of each episode will then meet up for the final four weeks when one person will get eliminated each episode until the finale where one winner is crowned Top Chef Master. The winning chef will receive $100,000 for the charity of their choice.
The lineup is full of heavy hitters, so it'll be interesting to see how the chefly egos submit to being judged by reality TV standards. Also I just want to see them cook; hopefully these folks will be better able to handle a vending machine/gas station challenge.- Rick Bayless - Frontera Grill, Chicago, Ill.
- Wilo Benet - Pikayo, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- John Besh - Restaurant August, New Orleans, LA
- Graham Elliot Bowles - Graham Elliot Restaurant, Chicago, Ill.
- Michael Chiarello - Bottega Restaurant, Yountville, Calif.
- Michael Cimarusti - Providence, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Wylie Dufresne - wd~50, New York, N.Y.
- Elizabeth Falkner - Orson, San Francisco, Calif.
- Hubert Keller - Fleur de Lys, San Francisco, Calif.
- Christopher Lee - Aureole, New York, N.Y.
- Ludo Lefebvre - Ludo Bites, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Anita Lo - Annisa, New York, N.Y
- Tim Love - The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, Fort Worth, Texas
- Rick Moonen - Rick Moonen's RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Nils Noren - French Culinary Institute, New York, N.Y.
- Lachlan McKinnon Patterson - Frasca Food & Wine, Boulder, Colo.
- Cindy Pawlcyn - Mustards Grill, Napa Valley, Calif.
- Mark Peel - Campanile, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Douglas Rodriguez - Alma de Cuba, Philadelphia, PA
- Michael Schlow - Radius Restaurant, Boston, Mass.
- Art Smith - Table Fifty-Two, Chicago, Ill.
- Suzanne Tracht - Jar, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Jonathan Waxman - Barbuto, New York, N.Y.
- Roy Yamaguchi - Roy's Restaurants, San Diego, Calif.
So will they be less whiny, or whinier than the regular contestants?