+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Top Chef Finale Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Finale Discussion Thread **spoilers**

yeah, i noticed that casey said something abt carla not being trained, but i believe they mentioned more than once that she was a classically trained french chef.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm;3351120;
    I thought Carla was going to pick Casey as her sous chef even if she got knife number 1. I hope this article reads as dark as it does due to poor editing, but the entire tone of it is so negative. Regardless, Casey needed a xanax and tequilla before talking.

Carla bugged me beyond my wildest dreams the first few shows, then all of a sudden one day I really liked her. I think her unbridled enthusiasm won me over.

Carla's "cheese course" was with a tart, and she went with the souffle instead of the tart. *Carla owned her mistake, by not turning down the oven. Plus, Carla is not classicly trained? I thought she went to culinary school in France?

Carla is going to KILL Casey with kindness next week. THAT will be good TV.

Is SideDish reliable? I am not familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3376517;
    i saw some other article and casey claims an acquaintance contacted her and didn't represent herself as a reporter and that's where that sidedish article came from.

either way, she came off very bitter and nasty.
    If that is true, it really sucks for her and I bet that acquaintance is off her xmas card list.

There is a HUGE difference between two friends talking about a experience and doing a interview. And with the internet there is no recourse for being wronged like that. It really is a fairly lawless frontier.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Irregardless, friend or not, Casey should know to keep her mouth shut.

In this day & age, anyone could overhear/oversee/hack a computer, to get information and broadcast it. If true, that it was a "friend", then both are to blame. But according to SideDish, the emails are very clear that her responses were part of an interview.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3378031;
    Irregardless, friend or not, Casey should know to keep her mouth shut.

In this day & age, anyone could overhear/oversee/hack a computer, to get information and broadcast it. If true, that it was a "friend", then both are to blame. But according to SideDish, the emails are very clear that her responses were part of an interview.
    Word. Not smart.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3364348;
    I think the editing seemed fair (as much as I can judge being a viewer, anyway). Casey DID make suggestions which were shown. Carla accepted them and then flopped on the execution both of which were also shown. I think we got the full story.

The problem is that Carla has tweaked everyone's heart strings and Casey was probably just feeling defensive (a natural reaction).

I was disappointed in Casey, but I really liked her on her season. I can see how she'd get angry; but I just wish she would have handled it differently.
    If you read Tom Colicchio's blog, he absolve's Casey of all blame for Carla losing. He mentions that Carla was so vague in what she wanted to do that Casey was completely within her rights to make suggestions. At the end of the day, Colicchio said, Carla needed to assert her vision and take control of the decision-making. This was not the first time that Carla sat back and let others dictate what was to be cooked and how to cook it. She also did this in an earlier episode when teamed with Eugene and Daniel. Carla needs to be more self-confident in her abilities when working with other chefs.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;3383997;
    If you read Tom Colicchio's blog, he absolve's Casey of all blame for Carla losing. He mentions that Carla was so vague in what she wanted to do that Casey was completely within her rights to make suggestions. At the end of the day, Colicchio said, Carla needed to assert her vision and take control of the decision-making. This was not the first time that Carla sat back and let others dictate what was to be cooked and how to cook it. She also did this in an earlier episode when teamed with Eugene and Daniel. Carla needs to be more self-confident in her abilities when working with other chefs.
    Dude. I totally agree. I'm just saying that the coverage was fair. Casey made suggestions, Carla took them and failed. Cards on the table and end of story.

All relationships are minimally 2-way streets. It's no different here. At the end of the day, however, Carla was the one in the competition - not Casey. While Casey didn't do her any favors, it was Carla who failed.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;3383997;
    I also like his football analogy for Hoseas win. If the Superbowl was stopped last year and they just handed the win to the Patriots (becasue they went 17-0 in the season), the Giants would not have won. Stefan was like the Patriots and Hosea was like the Giants. (I still cry about that game)
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread