+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Finale Discussion Thread **spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Top Chef Finale Discussion Thread **spoilers**

And Even Fabio liked Hosea's dishes better and that was his best friend in the competition So I am not the only one who really liked Hosea.

I am glad Hosea won. I think he was consistent all season and deserved it. While he was very successful throughout the season, Stefans overconfidence was off putting. I did love the bit with the tarot card reader.

I felt bad for Carla and hoped she could pull out the win- I am glad it was Hosea in the end.

The dynamic between Hosea and Stefan was interesting, as their PIs seemed to be about complaining about the other one. I think it was more mutual than some posts up thread would indicate.

I loved Richards attitude- I didn't win, so I want Hosea to win.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Ok Stephan was definitely a narcissistic tool most of the time, but Hosea was complaining about him just as much, and he took a lot of the food in the end that should have been shared. I thought he was equally as nasty towards the end as Stephan was. Too bad Carla did not pull through as Hosea winning to me is so unsatisfying. At least if Stephan had won it would have made sense with all the wins he had all season.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

I think at this point I only have 4 things to say..

1. WOW, where did Gail get that dress, I have never seen that much boobage on this show, ever.
    2. I am glad that its over so I dont have to hear anyone say or see any one spell Stefan's name wrong anymore. Sorry it was a big pet peeve lol
    3. Im unhappy that Carla lost, Casey was someone I liked on her season.. and the only one I could see working with Carla, but yeah bad idea to Sous Vied. Carla should have held her own.
    4. Stefan was not as bad all season as every thought he was. I was happy to see how he was with Carla, he was even crying.. anyone catch that?? He was also the only one that helped her (or so they showed) last week in her shucking.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I never found Stefan's personality that grating because I have a similar personality. Regardless of what I'm doing I don't hinge my life on it. If it works, if it doesn't then life goes on. I'm not Finn either but live in an area with lots of people from the nordic countries (some first generation immigrants still around). I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a cultural norm either. I just saw him as him.

I kind of expected Carla to blow it too. She's still working on becoming her own. Casey should have backed off though.

I never was a Hosea fan but that was just me.

This season wasn't that memorable for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3349399;
    2. I am glad that its over so I dont have to hear anyone say or see any one spell Stefan's name wrong anymore. Sorry it was a big pet peeve lol
    ouch sorry

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3349492;
    ouch sorry
    Ohh im sorry.. i didn't mean to offend anyone lol. I have a feeling some people did it because on the show they would say it wrong.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I'm glad Hosea won. Maybe Stefan should have won but I was so sick of his ego and mean spirited arrogrance. I felt sad for Carla, too bad she listened to Casey instead of going with her heart. I can't wait until the reunion show.

No one stood out this season. Stefan was probably a better chef than Hosea but nothing over the top wonderful. I do think Stefan's dessert was pretty boring. What I cannot believe is CASEY!! Love me some casey but wow she just skewered poor Carla. I was so glad they were paired together and then Carla just let Casey take over. Why would Casey do Sous vide? She was disdainful of it on her show. Such a bad idea!!!! A souffle for the final course? why take that risk? Poor Carla she had this in the bag if she had just cooked her food.... so glad she has a car. Hosea might have had a few good dishes but overall pretty unimpressive finale food from what I could see. His raw fish dish was bland and required little effort and he is a seafood chef..... poor quality compared to other seasons, and yes Gail put those puppies away Come on!!

FORT Regular

Stefan shocked me when he comforted Carla! He even teared up. Hosea looked like he didn't care at all.

I forgot how much I enjoyed Fabio on the show, I hope he gets his own program.

I cracked up when Leah and Hosea were hugging after the win. I wonder how that relationship will be brought up in the reunion show. I assume they having one next week.

+ Reply to Thread