+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 1/14 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 1/14 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3278634;
    Ooooooooh! Looks like Hosea and Leah get "snuggly" next week. If I was Hosea's gf I would be furious at that preview. A guy should not be snuggling up to another woman horizontally if he is in a committed relationship!!
    Maybe that is why she didn't go home. Maybe the producers were hoping for some drama. I do not like Leah at all, and am sorry she did not go home, her or Rahdika, but definitely Ariane should not have gone home this week.

I am so jealous of those Blue Hill at Stone Farms people and their picture-perfect set-up.

I'm on the fence about whether a chef needs to be a butcher as well. Maybe there is a need to be able to take poultry apart, but lamb and pork should be butchered before arriving at the restaurant. I don't really have a problem with Ariane leaving tonight, but Radhika and Leah may have been more deserving.

Stefan is just too much to take and a terrible teammate. Carla has no backbone at all and Jaime won't be approached by the diplimatic corp any time soon.

I like Jeff, but he always takes too much on and sabotages himself. Fabio is fun, but I think he has problems with the language barrier. Hosea should have stepped up and done the butchering, if he was the best at it in the group. It doesn't make sense that he would stand back and let her ruin the main course.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3278708;
    Hosea should have stepped up and done the butchering, if he was the best at it in the group. It doesn't make sense that he would stand back and let her ruin the main course.
    IMO, it seemed like he and Leah were more than happy to step back and let Ariane do most of the work, especially on the main dish. That way if the team won, they were both safe, but if the team lost, it would be easy for the two of them to throw Ariane under the bus in order to save each other.

Leah or Radhika should have gone home tonight.

FORT Fogey

I was sorry to see Ariane go, especially under these conditions.

Josea and Leah are setting themselves up to get thrown under the bus in a team effort because their "relationship" gets in the way.

Stefan is an ass. He enjoys being a bully and loves that he irritates others.

Now that we are down to 8, the final 4 seem clearer. Carla (Tom's comment has to be her), Jamie, Hosea and Jeff/Leah.

Fabio stays in the middle close to the bottom. Stefan will fail in a team effort, perhaps next week. He will pack his knives because he will be the designated leader and fail to pull it off, become fiesty, throw his teammates under the bus and will digust the judges. Wishful thinking perhaps? Rahdika is just not wowing them, she will be dismissed as not stepping out of her comfort zone. They will tire of the Indian seasoning.

I can see Jamie winning this.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3278882;
    Stefan will fail in a team effort, perhaps next week. He will pack his knives because he will be the designated leader and fail to pull it off, become fiesty, throw his teammates under the bus and will digust the judges. Wishful thinking perhaps?
    I agree that this might be wishful thinking. The producers always keep one a hole around into the final 4. I believe Stephan is a lock for 4th or 3rd place.

FORT Fogey

IMHO Ariane may be nice, but all she has done is cook meat. She either wins cooking meat, or loses cooking meat. This is not a contest to find the nicest chef, it is to find the best chef. I think that the fact that they do not blind taste the food is what is making these eliminations seem so random. Their should not be so many team challenges. It should be tasting a bunch of food blindly, and whomevers gets the most votes as the worst is gone. One person from each team at least was going to have less to do because it was only one main course. What else was Rhadika supposed to do kick one of them aside and take over the meat. Leah did step up and help Ariane with the tying she just stunk as bad as her at it. And to say Josea should be gone because someone did not know something and he did not do it for them is ridiculous. If they think butchering is important, why should he do hers for her so she can stay? This is a competition. In a real restaurant yes, but in a competition you want to shine for what you can do, not help someone else shine for what they cannot. And if Josea would have butchered it for her, than would she have contributed enough anyways?

FORT Fogey

Stefan comes off as a jerk, but I don't really think deep down he is one. I think he just has not had his credibility in the kitchen challenged much, and he obviously is insecure with people in those situations. The fact that he seems to get along with Fabio leads me to believe that maybe he just has not interacted with Americans much, and needs more experience with different cultures of people. I think he is an awesome chef, and on that alone he deserves a spot in the finals. Should he be voted favorite person or most likely to have a lot of friends, maybe not, but he is a darn good chef.

[QUOTE=Harvest;3278699;]Maybe that is why she didn't go home. Maybe the producers were hoping for some drama. I do not like Leah at all, and am sorry she did not go home, her or Rahdika, but definitely Ariane should not have gone home this week.

I thought the same thing. The producers are looking for some drama with Leah and Hosea. I didn't think Ariane should have gone home.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkycheese;3278623;
    I don't like the joint win. Carla's dish sounded like the standout on that team.
    I know! I wanted Carla to have that win all by herself. Her tartlets looked and sounded delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3278613;
    Awww, they all (Jaime, Carla, and Stefan) won and all hugged. That was nice to see that in the end they did came together.
    The soup was Sefan's dish.

+ Reply to Thread