+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Top Chef 1/7 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 1/7 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

With out really knowing, I'd assume it had to do with her Wedding maybe? I for one am rather glad shes gone.. I have never been a fan. I would have liked to see a better replacement tho.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3272411;
    With out really knowing, I'd assume it had to do with her Wedding maybe? I for one am rather glad shes gone.. I have never been a fan. I would have liked to see a better replacement tho.
    Gail is not gone for good, I don't think. She will be back next season as far as I know, if not before this concludes. She took off time for her wedding and honeymoon. Her most recent blog implies that she will be back.

I like her. I favor Tom and Padma though.

FORT Fan

I like Gail. But, I also like the new judge... his comments are hilarious in a brutally honest sort of way, so I wouldn't mind him staying. I hate Padma, so I'd be more than happy if Gail returned and Padma got the boot. Oi, Padma irks me!

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3273395;
    I like Gail. But, I also like the new judge... his comments are hilarious in a brutally honest sort of way, so I wouldn't mind him staying. I hate Padma, so I'd be more than happy if Gail returned and Padma got the boot. Oi, Padma irks me!
    Padma is so much better than Billy Joels wife was in S1
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Wow, after all this time, I had no idea that Katie from S1 was Billy Joel's wife.

I love Padma, though. It took me a season to get used to her, but by season 3, I was hooked.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3273714;
    Wow, after all this time, I had no idea that Katie from S1 was Billy Joel's wife.

I love Padma, though. It took me a season to get used to her, but by season 3, I was hooked.
    Katie is the worst reality show host ever! I was intrigued when they hired Padma. Her biggest role to date was in Glitter- Mariah Careys flop. As a host she is great. Got to love someone who simply loves food.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I love Padma as the host. However, I may still be biased by the fact that she was just so wonderful after the terrible Katie Lee Joel hosted S1 (as mentioned above).

I don't mind Gail, but I would have preferred if they could have brought Ted Allen back as her fill-in instead of the British guy.

FORT Fogey

It took me a long while to get used to Gail. I really didn't care for her at all in the beginning. For wahtever reason, I'm liking her much more these days.

Tom and Padma seem to balance each other. Gale always seemed an odd man out. I think Gail's personality will be a really good balance with the harsh new judge.

Should make for some really good hosting feng shui if/once/when they are all together.

On a completely UNrelated note....I'm glad we are down to the best talent, and that all the loose threads have been trimmed. This is when the show starts to get really good.

Last season was frustrating because the mediocre made it so far. This year, I'm happy with who is still left in the competition (and, we may just have a finale of women!)
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-13-2009 at 12:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678