+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 12/17 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 12/17 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3254116;
    Has anyone on past shows ever won immunity in the QF only to end up in the bottom three during the EC?

Off the top of my head, I can think of Brian Malarkey in S3, who continued to cook seafood (ahem Eugene) and even though he had immunity, they called him out in the bottom four that week and scolded him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3253977;
    I can't believe that they were able to get Martha on the show. Out of all the guests that have appeared on TC, she's probably the biggest and most well-known.

And yet, Carla seemed to be more happy to see the Harlem singers than she was to see Martha.
    Now if only they can get Rachael Ray as a guest judge - That would really make for good discussion among the chefs and here on the message boards.
    Who can make the best meal in under 10 minutes for a QF challenge.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3254283;
    Off the top of my head, I can think of Brian Malarkey in S3, who continued to cook seafood (ahem Eugene) and even though he had immunity, they called him out in the bottom four that week and scolded him.

There have been more but my memory fails. I know in group challenges the immunity winner is often there and is called out on their dish as well some of the others. I can hear Tom asking if they got lazy because they had immunity.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3254152;
    I think it's a rerun of the holiday All-Star special they ran a year ago. the promo said chefs "from the first 3 seasons" which is what they had last year. My Excite TV listing says it runs 90 minutes.

Useless trivia I just learned while searching: the Holiday Special from last year is the episode that won the show it's James Beard award, that high-falutin' chefs' honor that seems to make them all ooh and ahh.
    Yeah, that show was actually fun. It brought back bad memories for me though, because Tre was definitely one of my favorite chef's ever, and the fact that he ended up the final two was a testament to how he should have NEVER been kicked off the show, LOL.

BUT I hope its not a rerun ..

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;3254541;
    Now if only they can get Rachael Ray as a guest judge - That would really make for good discussion among the chefs and here on the message boards.
    OMG no.. I .. no.. lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fan

Oh, God, no. I hate that woman and her screeching voice... and all her ridiculous acronyms. EVOO? Agh! I can't handle her peppiness.

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3253974;
    Joe?? Did you mean Tom??
    Yes. For some reason I struggle with his name on every show.

I know it isn't fair of me to laugh at Jaime's losing, but it's a compulsion I can't seem to resist. Much of the reason that Jaime and Ariane work well together is that Ariane is willing to tread egg shells and be extra nice to her. That is not a 50/50 friendship.

No excuses allowed next ep. Tom (aka Joe) says there will be no restictions placed on the chefs.

I'd be very surprised if that happened. The Food Network isn't letting Ted Allen appear as a judge this season, so I doubt they'd let Rachael.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3254561;
    There have been more but my memory fails. I know in group challenges the immunity winner is often there and is called out on their dish as well some of the others. I can hear Tom asking if they got lazy because they had immunity.
    In addition to the Antonia/Spike/Zoi loss (where Spike wanted to do the butternut squash soup), I remember in Season 1, Andrea had immunity and she and Miguel were partners and ended up in the bottom two (teams) with Harold and Lisa. (It was the "fusion" street food challenge where Harold and Lisa left their jicama back in the TC kitchen). All the judges jumped on Miguel because he let Andrea make a lot of the decisions, even though she had immunity. When they ended up in the bottom, he essentially threw her under the bus and blamed her for everything that was wrong with their dish. Lisa ended up going home, however.

But individual-wise? Has any cheftestant w/immunity been in the bottom when it's not been a group challenge? I can only think of Malarkey, and that wasn't really 'cause his food was bad, it was because all he cooked was seafood and the judges called him on it.

Like with Blandianne (my new name for Arianne), the deviled eggs probably tasted fine, but they're boring and definitely not innovative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast