+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Re: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Following up on my previous post, I realized I had a blonde moment. The electronic primary colors are red, green, blue, not red, yellow, green. That is why, when you are programming a web page and want to set up your own color scheme, you use the [RGB=###] tag with each # replaced by a numeric value for red, green, blue.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

LOL, he is a chef, not a rocket scientist!

He's still cute and funny to watch. I don't care if he wins as long as he makes it a long way. He is hand's down the most entertaining to me.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250872;
    Yellow and green do not make blue. Red and green do not make light yellow, they make a muddy brown. Blue is a primary color, period. No plan. Fact.

Primary colors: Red, Blue, Yellow. FACT

Terceray colors: green, orange, purple FACT
    What I meant about the light spectrum, if you overlap a red and green light (like in the theater when they put a color over a spotlight) it makes yellow.

In this scheme, If you overlap a red light, a green light and a blue light you make white. Blue is a primary in this color plan with red and green.

we're not talking about mixing paints, it's about mixing lights.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3251211;
    What I meant about the light spectrum, if you overlap a red and green light (like in the theater when they put a color over a spotlight) it makes yellow.

In this scheme, If you overlap a red light, a green light and a blue light you make white. Blue is a primary in this color plan with red and green.

we're not talking about mixing paints, it's about mixing lights.

AH HA! I missed "light spectrum" in your original post.

"It's Top Chef, not Top Scallop!"

Fabio <3

FORT Fogey

Fabio's going home soon. As cute and as charming as he is, I don't think he has what it takes to get to the end. And, I'm not so sure Stefan will get their either the way he's been going that last couple of episodes. He certainly hasn't been as consistent as the winners from previous seasons have been.

Fabio while entertaining is getting pretty whiny. If he doesn't produce something good soon I might have to drop him from my favorites. I'm fickle like that. ;o)
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I'm wondering if the European palate is so different from the American that it will prove to be a detriment. Authentic Italian is not as appealing to me as Americanized Italian. I know the judges are supposed to have a very experienced, cultured palate but I'm starting to think it's coming into play.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250872;
    Yellow and green do not make blue. Red and green do not make light yellow, they make a muddy brown. Blue is a primary color, period. No plan. Fact.

Primary colors: Red, Blue, Yellow. FACT

Terceray colors: green, orange, purple FACT
    He must have watched the GLAD Ziplock commercial where the little girl zips the bag and knows that it is closed because "yellow and green make blue." The two sides of the zips are yellow and green and when you put thenm together, they are blue. I checked in the pantry, how sad is that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stilettos;3258323;
    He must have watched the GLAD Ziplock commercial where the little girl zips the bag and knows that it is closed because "yellow and green make blue." The two sides of the zips are yellow and green and when you put thenm together, they are blue. I checked in the pantry, how sad is that!!!
    No, yellow and blue make green. Both yellow and blue are primary colors and green is a secondary color. Go get that bag and check it out under a bright light. Tertiary colors contain varying amounts of all three primary colors.

+ Reply to Thread