+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ariane - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Ariane - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by suetoo;3243997;
    She, of course, did not reveal anything about any eliminations or personalities. She did mention that she was looking forward to the reunion show, after my husband asked her at what point did she physically have to hold herself back from throttling Padma.

She also did say that she truly liked all of the other contestants, and she has made life-long friends from the group, Carla being one of them.
    Did she answer your husband?

I like her, but I, too, am surprised that the amount of controversy(?) she's stirred up.

That said, I don't think she'll win, but I look for her to be around for another couple of weeks or so...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3244095;
    I like her, but I, too, am surprised that the amount of controversy(?) she's stirred up.

That said, I don't think she'll win, but I look for her to be around for another couple of weeks or so...
    This is exactly what I think.

I'm flabbergasted about all the attention Ariane has received. I don't see her as the one of the bigger characters of the show (although she does receive a good amount of airtime), but her thread has gotten the most posts out of all the contestants this season so far.

And yes, I don't think she'll win either. But there's a bit of fodder that the judges can get rid of before they eliminate Ariane.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

The other reason Ariane could be causing such a stir is that she's kind of good looking - dark hair, dark skin, sparkling blue eyes. She a very attractive woman. Sort of a MILF???

I think her circumtances make her more interesting than many of the other contestants.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3244484;
    This is exactly what I think.

I'm flabbergasted about all the attention Ariane has received. I don't see her as the one of the bigger characters of the show (although she does receive a good amount of airtime), but her thread has gotten the most posts out of all the contestants this season so far.

And yes, I don't think she'll win either. But there's a bit of fodder that the judges can get rid of before they eliminate Ariane.
    I am 100% in her corner now. She has gotten more face time than most and I do see her as an interesting and big character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3244926;
    The other reason Ariane could be causing such a stir is that she's kind of good looking - dark hair, dark skin, sparkling blue eyes. She a very attractive woman. Sort of a MILF???

I think her circumtances make her more interesting than many of the other contestants.
    I'm not sure I agree with this. Her looks have nothing to do with my commenting, if it were about that? I'd be all over the Fabio thread! LOL.

She gets the most air time and with all the crying and whining she was doing before? Got my attention the most. Now I'm just curious to see if she can move past that and start to show us what she's made of... I haven't watched the latest epi yet but it sounds like she has.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Harmony2000;3245300;]She gets the most air time and with all the crying and whining she was doing before? Got my attention the most./QUOTE]

I'd call her behavior the result of humilty turned into self-doubt. I don't see her as a whiner but rather someone who is being pushed to her limits and learning what it is she can and cannot do.

I think she's in a period of self-descovery and just starting to build confidence.

Funny how we interpret things so differently.

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

I think she'll be in the Top 4 along with Leah, Fabio, and Stefan.

FORT Fogey

Another reason I like Ariane....when she did her cooking segment on Today, Kathie Lee, being the same camera hog she's always been, started to go on about Richard's meal and how she spit it out because it was putrid. She offered phony apologies to Ariane, but Ariane cut her off by saying "No, Richard is o.k. with it". She said it a couple of times and in a way that was protective of Richard.

It was like Kathie Lee wanted to stir the pot but Ariane was above it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3247087;
    Another reason I like Ariane....when she did her cooking segment on Today, Kathie Lee, being the same camera hog she's always been, started to go on about Jeff's meal and how she spit it out because it was putrid. She offered phony apologies to Ariane, but Ariane cut her off by saying "No, Jeff is o.k. with it". She said it a couple of times and in a way that was protective of Jeff.

It was like Kathie Lee wanted to stir the pot but Ariane was above it all.
    Kathie Lee blows.

+ Reply to Thread