+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef At-Home Quickfire Challenge

Top Chef At-Home Quickfire Challenge

I was just on the Bravo site, reading the chefs' blogs, when I noticed the following:

Top Chef At-Home Quickfire Challenge

AUDACIOUS BURGER
    Attention Whole Foods Market shoppers AND Top Chef fans! Your At-Home Quickfire Challenge is to create a burger inspired by the word "audacious" with only 30 minutes from prep to serve.

*Your ingredients must include a protein, vegetable toppings, condiments, and a burger "bun."
    Submissions had to be in by Monday March 31st at midnight. Did anyone else see this? Did anyone actually submit anything?

I'm so NOT creative... the first thing that came to mind was one of those inside-out cheeseburgers, where the cheese is on the inside (i.e., you take a hunk of cheese and form the hamburger around it)... maybe using feta. Then, continuing the Greek theme, serve the burger in a pita pocket with tzitziki (yogurt/cucumber) sauce, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.

Not very "audacious" I'm afraid, but it sounds yummy to me! I'm sure everyone else here can come up with something a lot more creative....

Re: Top Chef At-Home Quickfire Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;2920108;
    I was just on the Bravo site, reading the chefs' blogs, when I noticed the following:

Submissions had to be in by Monday March 31st at midnight. Did anyone else see this? Did anyone actually submit anything?

I'm so NOT creative... the first thing that came to mind was one of those inside-out cheeseburgers, where the cheese is on the inside (i.e., you take a hunk of cheese and form the hamburger around it)... maybe using feta. Then, continuing the Greek theme, serve the burger in a pita pocket with tzitziki (yogurt/cucumber) sauce, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.

Not very "audacious" I'm afraid, but it sounds yummy to me! I'm sure everyone else here can come up with something a lot more creative....
    Now I am hungry (and I am still eating breakfast)! All you need is ground lamb.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: Top Chef At-Home Quickfire Challenge

I came up with pineapples, cottage cheese, & lettuce! Personally I like it, but I agree it's not to everyone's taste.

+ Reply to Thread