+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Top Chef 4/2 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/2 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2910371;
    About thirty years ago, there was a really witty film entitled, "Who's Killing the Great Chef's of Europe?" It starred Jacqueline Bisset, George Segal, with a great performance by Robert Morley as a finicky gourmet/gourmand. It was a comedy/mystery about exactly what the title says. Additionally, each murdered chef was killed in the manner in which he prepared his signature dish (one chef did a pressed peking duck, if you get the picture.) Jackie Bisset's dish was a bombe.

This movie, though admitedly old, could have been an excellent choice.
    I agree!

I remember that movie and I LOVED it!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

For a Vietnamese move - The Scent of the Green Papaya. I seem to remember several scenes where the main female character sat outside in the couryard preparing dinner, although it's been so long since I saw the film that I don't remember a lot of details.

Re: Top Chef 4/2 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

When Padma announced this challenge I thought "In the mood for love". It would have been so nice!

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wickedorchid;2904404;
    I was going to suggest "Heartburn" but it's the book that has all of the wonderful food in it - except for the Key Lime pie Meryl Streep pushed in Nicholson's face. I cannot believe that buffoon skipped on the "Like Water for Chocolate" option. And what food is in dumb and dumber? Dead parakeet quiche? Im surprised that he didn't suggest "American Pie" for sweet sake.

They could have even used movies instead of laming out with the countrys name in the titles or the movie being filmed there. I was thinking of some memorable food scenes in just regular movies even - Briget Jones with her blue soup and omelette, Annie Hall and the lobsters, Last Tango in OOPS they didn't eat that butter never mind
    If a team had chosen Something's got to give, they could have done either eggs or pancakes or some variation, since meeting in the kitchen was such an integral part of that movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456