+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nimma - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Nimma - Season 4

Nimma

HOMETOWN: Peachtree City, GA - currently resides in Atlanta, GA

PROFESSION: Chef at Repast

CULINARY EDUCATION: Culinary Institute Of America

FAVORITE SIMPLE SPRING RECIPE: Grilled freshly caught fish with some amazing olive oil and sea salt

BIO: A native of Peachtree City, GA., Nimma earned her culinary degree from the Culinary Institute of America and is currently working as a chef at Repast restaurant in Atlanta. Her favorite thing to cook is pasta and she says she always has salt, pepper, green tea, coffee, and butter on hand.

Top Chef Chicago - Bios - Official Bravo TV Site

LG.

Re: Nimma - Season 4

she's young, but she went to the CIA. I wonder if she has the experience and temperment not to get thrown by their tough challenges, unexpected changes in the time allowed to finish, etc.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

i expect a early leave for nimma. you never know...
    i keep bleeding love.

If she uses the green tea as a flavor infusion, she won't last long. That has never gone over well with Tom or the judges.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

I wanted her to last longer. Wish Top Chef would not eliminate a contestant on the first episode. Let the contestant settle in, get the nerves out and let them get used to being on camera.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by justgart;2840759;
    I wanted her to last longer. Wish Top Chef would not eliminate a contestant on the first episode. Let the contestant settle in, get the nerves out and let them get used to being on camera.
    According to Colicchio, the top four finalists had to face the same challenges, including nerves.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2841884;
    According to Colicchio, the top four finalists had to face the same challenges, including nerves.

Absolutely. She announced that she was not there to make friends and isolated that first night. One usually makes that claim to either cover their inability to socialize or justify their outbursts of anger. We see it every reality show. She doesn't have to worry about not making friends now. Good for her, she got what she wanted. No friends.

I didn't like her from the start of the episode.

At first, I didn't like her. Then at the end, I felt bad for her. It was nice to see her accept her loss with a little humility and commit to learning more, because she fully realized her shortcoming. Which makes it a little sad, because maybe she was too focused on her weakness to start and lacked confidence. As others have said, insecurity could very well explain why she wasn't so eager to socialize with the rest of the cast.

Maybe she needs to do some soul searching and start believing in herself, and while she might not be back on TC any time soon, she surely can have a great career ahead of her. Good luck to her!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Did anyone see her goodbye video?

Nimma seems very... odd. She talked about not cutting up the parsley before blending it which isn't what got her sent home. Anybody with a tongue knows when something is too salty, regardless of age. This was more than a miscalculation- 90 minutes is enough time to prepare a decent meal and certainly enough time to cook shrimp. The fact that she "pushed so hard"/distanced herself from the group and still managed to fail an entire episode is just proof that she got into the wrong business if she had intentions of moving up. I don't think Nimma will be much more than a line cook, sadly.

But then again, what do I know?

+ Reply to Thread