Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Andrew - Season 4

Andrew

HOMETOWN: Fort Lauderdale, FL - currently resides in New York City

PROFESSION: Sous Chef in NYC

CULINARY EDUCATION: A.S. Culinary Arts, Johnson & Wales, North Miami

FAVORITE SIMPLE SPRING RECIPE: Diced strawberries, mango, tomato, cucumber, and jicama. Thai dressing (sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and siracha). Thai basil and mint chiffonade.

BIO: For the past two years, Andrew has studied everything from the French cuisine of Raymond Blanc to the molecular gastronomy of Ferran Adria. With food influences that range from African, Spanish, French and Thai to Vietnamese, Japanese, Latino and Indian, Andrew prides himself on being diverse in the kitchen. When Andrew isn't working, you can find him researching cuisines at a bookstore or shopping for spices that are uncommon and of multicultural influences to adapt to his cuisine. He believes in translating the flavors and techniques from different cultures into innovative interpretations that do not stray far from their origins. His goal is to leave a legacy like the chefs before his time, which shaped him and his fellow chefs minds and refined their techniques. He says he doesn't make food for mere sustenance, but to create an experience that impacts the soul.

Top Chef Chicago - Bios - Official Bravo TV Site

Re: Andrew - Season 4

Oh, no - not another molecular gastronomy person! It's Marcel all over again.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2768294;
    Oh, no - not another molecular gastronomy person! It's Marcel all over again.
    Who knows? Marcel made it all the way to the finale and might have been the Top Chef if he had sous chefs who supported him. I see Andrew graduated from Johnson and Wales, Sam Talbot's alma mater. It's too early to make any predictions or to pick favorites, but this year's field looks particularly strong. The Judges may have a difficult time picking a winner and loser by mid-season.
    Last edited by gizmo1; 01-24-2008 at 06:43 PM.

LG.

more molecular gastronomy - now we may find out whether Marcel's attitude was part of that cirriculum or just an added bonus of being Marcel. I kid, I liked Marcel, but he was a brat. Andrew is thirty and is weilding a meat tenderizer, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, until we see if he expounds on the superiority of his foams to everyone else's tripe.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie

lol he's pretty hot.. and i've eaten where he cooks.. food is amazing

Definitely my least favorite chef/contestant this season. Could he be any more arrogant and full of himself? (And can he say even one complete sentence without cussing? )

I hope his cooking stands up to his hype and his ego. So far, I'm not sure.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

I found him really annoying. Cussing doesn't really bother me, but he seemed over the top w it. Doesn't he know he's being interviewed? The producers seemed to be showing him a lot. Wonder why. I thought maybe he would pack his knives on the first ep.

Kay

Cursing doesn't bother me, either. But, he seemed to be doing it for no reason other than dramatic effect.....

FORT Newbie

I am offended by the swearing. I can understand if it's just a slip up. Hey it happens. Is his vocabulary really that limited that he must use profanities for every other word? It's really not necessary. I hope he's the next one to go!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast