+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/8 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 8/8 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2513621;
    I just giggled to myself thinking about how slow the conversation between Sara N and Camille would have been. The time must stand still in their land.
    Sara N is normal in her speech pattern, although soft-spoken. It is her work habits that have been criticized as being slow.

Some updated wikipedia.org stats:

Brian, Hung, and Tre are the only remaining contestants who have been in the Top category 3 times: Tre has won all of those times, Hung has not won any of those times, and Brian has won once.

Howie has been in the bottom 5 times. Sara M. - three times. All other remaining contestants (except Tre, who has been there once) have been in the bottom twice.

Half of the remaining contestants (CJ, Sara M., Tre, and Howie) have not won a quickfire.

I know, I have too much time on my hands.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;2513256;
    Casey , I dont know how I feel about her yet. I kinda want her to go home :
    I agree. I really haven' like Casey much since the first episode and she seems to cry and pout all the time when things don't go her way. Also, I haven't been that impressed with her food. I think her and Sara M. will probably be the next chefs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;2514070;

I know, I have too much time on my hands.
    Well I'm glad you do! Thanks for the fun info!

Half of the remaining contestants (CJ, Sara M., Tre, and Howie) have not won a quickfire.
    Except Tre has been in the top 3 Quickfire several times, and Howie has been twice.

But, that's a great tally job, Texasgal!

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar

I thought Howie should've gone. He's been in the bottom several times and he's just a hard person to deal with. I was expected Sara N. to go anyway. I felt bad for her when Howie tried to throw her under the bus.
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

I don't like Howie as much as everybody else here, but I think the rest of the chefs should grow a pair and confront him. I just hate how passive agressive everybody seems to be (I know, editing plays a big part, but these shows love confrontations. If someone had called Howie out, I am pretty sure they would have shown it). Why didn't CJ intervened when Howie was being an idiot? Or Casey, for that matter? It is not like she was cooking in the west wing of Versailles. These people were right on top of each other. I just remember how in an earlier episode CJ didn't want to help somebody (I believe it was Sara N herself) because he was working on the same material. Now, that attitude alone, to me, is far worse than all of Howie's ranting. At least he owns up to what he is doing (as he did last night, and he didn't seem too happy about how everything turned out).

Hung is just a big snob and a hypocrite (as most snobs are). He is always talking about cooking for refined, sophisticated palates, but there he was, happier than a pig in slop, cooking for a bunch of drunken people in that trailer. I guess he doesn't mind when he is winning. What a loser!
    Last edited by busilis32; 08-09-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2513561;
    Both Sara N. and Howie deserved to go. But I'm kind of glad that Howie stayed because I want to see what Howie would do in the remaining challenges than what Sara would do. Sara N from the beginning to end (except the good dish at the BBQ challenge) was mediocre. Itís getting harder to watch Howie as he turned such an @$$hole and really unpleasant to be around. But as a chef, heís whole a lot more interesting than Sara N.
    I completely agree. As much as Howie grates on my ever-lovin' nerves and has become a Grade A a**hole on the show, I think Sara N. was the right person to send home.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

From watching the episode again, what really bothered me was that no one on the orange team told Howie to step down or that he was being a jerk. It seemed like all their feelings came out at judges table. Sara said that Howie wouldn't let her have any input on the meal, but it looked like CJ and Casey were right there with him and shutting out her ideas too. Even though it seemed like Howie was shoving Sara under the bus, it seems like everyone else on the team was at fault for letting him to do and letting things get to that point. I think CJ and Casey needed to step up too in this challenge and they didn't. I think they are just as at fault for Sara going home as Howie is.

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;2514481;
    I don't like Howie as much as everybody else here, but I think the rest of the chefs should grow a pair and confront him. I just hate how passive agressive everybody seems to be (I know, editing plays a big part, but these shows love confrontations).
    I think Howie is the most passive-aggressive of all. For the past two challenges, he's supposedly had grievances with his teammates but doesn't bother to mention them at a point in time when they might help his team's performance. Instead, he stores them up as ammo for the judges' table. He only turns bulldog when he's in the bottom.

I am so sick of him cooking pork every elimination challenge. There should be some rule where the chefs cannot use the same staple ingredient (pork) for more than like 3 times in a row. I think he's made it now at least 4 or 5 times in a row. Doesn't show much range, creativity or skill.

Really, I am curious... CAN the pork man cook anything else??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast