+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/8 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 8/8 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Man, I really hate Sara M. I feel like she's so ugly inside. Everytime they show her, I can't stand it! Too bad she's on the winning team.

Both Sara N. and Howie deserved to go. But I'm kind of glad that Howie stayed because I want to see what Howie would do in the remaining challenges than what Sara would do. Sara N from the beginning to end (except the good dish at the BBQ challenge) was mediocre. It’s getting harder to watch Howie as he turned such an @$$hole and really unpleasant to be around. But as a chef, he’s whole a lot more interesting than Sara N.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2512678;
    I'm glad Tre won from his team but please keep your shirt on-I hate the tank top. Who wants to see the pit hair of the guy making the food your eating?

Howie deserved to go as much as Sara, too bad they both didn't get sent packing. He is such an asshat, I'm sick of his BS and the judges look like they've had it as well
    I agree about the tank top, but it's no worse than Howie "sweating like a pig", wiping his face with his hand and fore arm and then handling the food. Makes me sick to think about it. Why do "Chefs" find it necessary to "handle" the food with ungloved hands or cook with no hair covering or sweat band. I've actually seen sweat drip off of Howie's nose into whatever dish he's working on. Ewwwww

Quote Originally Posted by oh yoshimi;2513177;
    i think they should have sent howie's ass home for consistently being a loser. it's like he's this grown man that can't or won't act maturely with this group of thirty-somethings. he's that brick wall you encounter at work that just refuses to work in unison with the team.

i think the judges made the wrong call this round.
    Wouldn't you just love working for Howie and know that every day you were going to have to come to work and face this hostile cook. Maybe as Tom C said that Howie was better suited to the job than Sara, but there is a line between a well run kitchen and a hostile work environment. Unfortunately most of the people who work in a kitchen don't have the option of quiting and moving on, they will have to stay and be made miserable by Howie's nasty attitude.

FORT Fogey

It would drive me nuts to try to cook with gloves on. And truthfully, if the food is being cooked, the heat will take care of it. The sweat is one thing, and it's disgusting. Keeping hair back is another issue. But for a chef to wash his/her hands before working, and handle food that is going to be cooked I don't consider to be a big deal.

I just giggled to myself thinking about how slow the conversation between Sara N and Camille would have been. The time must stand still in their land.

FORT Fanatic

I find it very interesting that Howie does really well in the Quickfire Challenges, but can not work with a team. While I think he's a good chef, I don't think he should/will win this competition. The Top Chef needs to be a "team player" and that's not Howie's thing (in my opinion). I think it'll come down to Casey, CJ, Hung and Tre. I really like CJ. I want him to win.

I really like Casey. I think she's very skilled and serious about cooking. She seems like a nice person too. I would love to see her in finale!!!

I was very surprised by Howie's notion of "leadership." First of all, no one made him the leader of the team, so Howie was mistaken in assuming that he was supposed to lead the team. Second of all, I think the leader needs to be likable. Maybe not "likable" in any run-of-the-mill way, but I think a leader is someone that followers should *want* to work for. Howie clearly wasn't. Even Hung (yes, Hung) said he was glad he's not on Howie's team. Now that shows how bad it was :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;2513446;
    I thought it was only me, Although I plan on making his pork dish, I couldnt eat at his restaurant because Id be worried he sweat all up in my food
    Oh no...you are absolutely NOT alone! That sweat dripping down every inch of his face and forehead is so distracting. On the plus side- no need to add salt to any food coming out of his kitchen.!!

P.S. to Howie: They make things to wear on your head for that. Take a look around at the other chefs!

I've gone back and forth on Casey. I despised her in the 1st episode of the season because she slammed what's-his-name for not knowing what an Amouse Bouche (have NO idea how to spell that) and was so condescending about it.
    Then she won a quick-fire and was cool...but sort of tanked on her teammates (tho Joey & Howie could make anyone want to do that!)...and then was so remorseful.
    But last night, she pouted way BIGGER than Sara N when the night out was pulled out from under them. There was absolutely no way to disguise that. Casey is older and more experienced, she should've bounced right into the challenge. (As Tom would say: "This IS a cooking competition." ---it's not a party show.)

Howie is a stronger chef than little Sara, but he deserved the boot last night. He refused to listen (again), sank the vanilla shakes (sort of), and made semi-Cubans (he's from Miami and he called that a Cuban?) that were less liked than Sara's sliders.

From the beginning, I've been a TRU TRE FAN!

From the beginning, I've been a TRU TRE FAN!
    Me too, cubsfan!

And he's starting to run away with the competition. Of course, now we'll see him tank a bit to keep this interesting.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2513825;
    Me too, cubsfan!

And he's starting to run away with the competition. Of course, now we'll see him tank a bit to keep this interesting.
    Me Three

CJ Impressed me last week , but this week left me scratching my head ...

Maybe Tre is just very easy to work with

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast