+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

I think Josie's downfall was trifold:
    Letting Marissa have too much say in their dish(es)
    A bad salad (waterlogged jicama? if i understood correctly..ick)
    QF - she prepared a bad oxtail that the guest judge REALLY disliked

GLAD to see Marissa gone. She had one good dessert (strawberry crisp) but was completely clueless in all other areas.

I do think Josie is talented but was skating by and was one of those that Chef Tom was talking about - just doing enough NOT to be eliminated. Backfired bigtime. If she had worked in a Vietnamese restaurant, where were all those flavors? Too bad, I liked her

wow I fell asleep during the last 10 minutes and i sure didnt expect those 2 to get eliminated... but I'm happy.

There are better chefs in the kitchen.

Who won the elimination challenge?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LovesBoots;2143739;
    I was very pleased with the double elimination tonight....Marisa with her silly faces during judging, I haven't liked since the lychee incident....and Josie was arrogant and had nothing to back it up, she talked about all this potential but if I remember correctly, she has consistently been in the middle the entire competition...good riddence
    I totally agree with you on Josie. In the promos that used her before this season began, I really really liked her. And given her exposure in those promos, I expected her to be one of the better chefs. But as you said, she was constantly in the middle. If you're in the middle, you're just in the middle. She some how covinced herself that she was one of the very best ones there, and had absolutely nothing to base that on. Her arrogance turned her from someone I was intrigued by to someone I just wanted off my screen.

Has anyone been able to access the blogs on Bravo? I can't seem to go beyond their home page.

Anyhoo, anyone find it ironic that Betty chose Mia (that's the way it appeared) to be her partner? Frank and Betty should have been together again. Tom mentioned that the chefs didn't work out a plan for the menu. Betty tried, but no one listened. Even Mia ignored her! Tom should have given Betty props for, at least, that. I know her dish was bad, but she did try.

The losing duo didn't appear to want to make anything special.

I wonder what next week's episode will be?

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2143989;
    Has anyone been able to access the blogs on Bravo? I can't seem to go beyond their home page.

Anyhoo, anyone find it ironic that Betty chose Mia (that's the way it appeared) to be her partner? Frank and Betty should have been together again. Tom mentioned that the chefs didn't work out a plan for the menu. Betty tried, but no one listened. Even Mia ignored her! Tom should have given Betty props for, at least, that. I know her dish was bad, but she did try.
    The losing duo didn't appear to want to make anything special.

I wonder what next week's episode will be?
    Thank you for your support of Betty trying to plan out the 6 courses. I was yelling at my screen that she should have at least gotten some credit for trying.

FORT Fogey
    Tom mentioned Betty's attempt in his blog, and while it'll probably be viewed as contradictory to many, it made a lot of sense. Betty's mistake in trying to get everyone to work out a plan was her timing. She wanted everyone coming up with ideas before they knew what ingredients they had to work with. That was jumping the gun. All the chefs needed to know first WHAT they had to work with. They should have come together to make sure each dish would flow into the next. But they should have done that AFTER looking in the walk-in -- not before as she attempted.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I may not be watching the episodes closely enough, because I don't understand why people dislike Marcel so much.

I'm glad Marissa putting out Mia's character. I would have forgiven another one of her outrage faces if she would have outed Mia in front of Betty. I know it's immature, but that seems to be the level of behavior this season.

Mia generally has a scowl look on her face.

I love Jennifer Coolidge and I was glad for Ilan and Mike.

I was also surprised to see Josie go home. They didn't cook anything and they did have three hours.

Question for all the chefs and those in the know: Is the 5th course supposed to be the palate-cleansing course?
    Last edited by rt1ky; 11-16-2006 at 12:25 PM.

FORT Fogey
    I have a hard time deciding who should win on this show because I would not eat any of that garbage they call food. I guess I am glad I do not eat what people call fine dining because YUCK!!!! I think it seems Cliff and the cute one are leaps and bounds better than the rest and Ilan seems really good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2144183;
    I may not be watching the episodes closely enough, because I don't understand why people dislike Marcel so much.

I'm glad Marissa putting out Mia's character. I would have forgiven another one of her outrage faces if she would have outed Mia in front of Betty. I know it's immature, but that seems to be the level of behavior this season.

Mia generally has a scowl look on her face.

I love Jennifer Coolidge and I was glad for Ilan and Mike.

I was also surprised to see Josie go home. They didn't cook anything and they did have three hours.

Question for all the chefs and those in the know: Is the 5th course supposed to be the palate-cleansing course?
    Actually it is. It is the course of the meal that calms down that feeling of tasting the main course long after the meal is over. like ice cream after a chicken dinner of sorts. Even coffee does it if the meal is rather small.

What they did was prepare three strong, conflicting flavors together on one plate which had the opposite effect. So the guest came away with a fruity tarty bad salad taste that made them long for the entree flavors.

Marcel was so annoying that I just wanted to slap him hard, several times, he so arrogant and condescending. Bring back Stephan, he at least won challenges and had beautitful presentations, Marcel has not won anything not been in the top of anything.

Kudos to Betty for at least trying to coordinate a menu.

I had a feeling during the judges panel that they might send 2 home ot make up for last week. Josie and Marisa made it easy for them. 3 hours to make a fruity drink and a salad???? Marisa should have been gone the first ep thing is she took Josie with her. No great loss.

Mike was a surprise I wonder how he will do without a partner?

Did it seem as if Judge Tom was checking on the chefs especially in the beginning, he was on tape an awful lot???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast