+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sam Talbot - Season 2

Too bad...hot dog dude looks like he serves up some interesting street cuisine.

FORT Newbie
    I am truly suprised Sam was sent packing. I think the judges went with what makes good TELEVISION!

I was sad to see Sam go. Based on the season and the Hawaii competition, I expected to see Sam and Marcel go to the finals.

FORT Fanatic
    While I initially liked him and agree that he was a top contender...hasn't ANYone realized what a spineless weasel Sam he is? lol
    He agreed to the shaving Marcel plan then backed out yet did NOTHING to get Cliff to stop. When Elia brought up Marcel's behavior and "cheating" Sam said" If you're gonna say anything to the judges, it should be about the cheating". Then, when Elia brought it up, he left her there to twist in the wind. If you watch the episodes, you can always see him weighing what he says, who he backs, depending on how he'll come out looking. He never took a stand about any problem (unless you count him "getting back" at Marcel for his POLITE refusal to help Sam plate his dish). And, while he was definitely one of the better chefs, he really deserved to leave the week Michael was eliminated.

Now I KNOW Michael had NO chance of getting much farther than he did(much less winning the entire contest), BUT... THAT challenge, when each team opened a restaurant, was Sam's loss all the way. Michael was such an obvious scapegoat to save Sam, the perceived "leader" of that challenge.
    The team lost because they served no wine and Sam's dish was disgusting. In which episode did you ever hear a judge say "his dish made me sick to my stomach" and the chef did NOT get eliminated?? Michael went to get the supplies agreed upon by the WHOLE team. NOBODY thought to buy olive or bread plates...why should only Michael be penalized for the oversight?? Secondly, Michael didn't buy wine glasses because Sam and Ilan didn't figure wine into their food budget. No wine, no glasses necessary. Also, Michael had to help the inept designer put together some of the furniture, which he did as best he could. If the contestants are judges on that challenge, not on the "body of work", then Sam was so the obvious choice. I wonder if there will be a reunion show as I'd be interested if Michael might suggest that he got a raw deal.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;2218482;
    While I initially liked him and agree that he was a top contender...hasn't ANYone realized what a spineless weasel Sam he is? lol
    He agreed to the shaving Marcel plan then backed out yet did NOTHING to get Cliff to stop. When Elia brought up Marcel's behavior and "cheating" Sam said" If you're gonna say anything to the judges, it should be about the cheating". Then, when Elia brought it up, he left her there to twist in the wind. If you watch the episodes, you can always see him weighing what he says, who he backs, depending on how he'll come out looking. He never took a stand about any problem (unless you count him "getting back" at Marcel for his POLITE refusal to help Sam plate his dish). And, while he was definitely one of the better chefs, he really deserved to leave the week Michael was eliminated.

Now I KNOW Michael had NO chance of getting much farther than he did(much less winning the entire contest), BUT... THAT challenge, when each team opened a restaurant, was Sam's loss all the way. Michael was such an obvious scapegoat to save Sam, the perceived "leader" of that challenge.
    The team lost because they served no wine and Sam's dish was disgusting. In which episode did you ever hear a judge say "his dish made me sick to my stomach" and the chef did NOT get eliminated?? Michael went to get the supplies agreed upon by the WHOLE team. NOBODY thought to buy olive or bread plates...why should only Michael be penalized for the oversight?? Secondly, Michael didn't buy wine glasses because Sam and Ilan didn't figure wine into their food budget. No wine, no glasses necessary. Also, Michael had to help the inept designer put together some of the furniture, which he did as best he could. If the contestants are judges on that challenge, not on the "body of work", then Sam was so the obvious choice. I wonder if there will be a reunion show as I'd be interested if Michael might suggest that he got a raw deal.

Actually Sam should have gotten the boot during the beach/firepit challenge. His blackened bagel w/gray eggs was at the bottom of the surfers poll and could be considered inedible. Frank on the other hand, received a good rating for the strawberry/waffle canoli and he did attempt the fix the egg portion of his dish. Sam made no attempt to fix his dish except to make an unnecessary remark about Elia's winning frozen waffle entree. I guess Sam didn't consider that his bagel wasn't exactly homemade either. Maybe Frank's exit was based on his threat to Marcel in the previous episode which would have never happened if Sam didn't goad Frank into facing Marcel. Even at the eleventh hour Sam was stirring the pot by urging Elia to diss Marcel at the judge's table and then leaving her to twist in the wind. Typical Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2218500;
    Even at the eleventh hour Sam was stirring the pot by urging Elia to diss Marcel at the judge's table and then leaving her to twist in the wind. Typical Sam.
    Ilan caused Elia to bring up the cheating. I don't think Sam had much, if anything, to do with it. Once again, nobody forced Elia to bring up the cheating, just as nobody forced Frank to threaten Marcel. Both made the decision to do these things on their own. Most people do not see Sam as you do, or he would not have won the favorite chef $10,000 contest. If you go to the blogs on Bravo website you will see that there are numerous replies from people that are mad about Sam being tossed off the show as well. Also, it was Marcel that had 79% of the phone in vote for chef you most want to see sent home on the last show not Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2218744;
    Ilan caused Elia to bring up the cheating. I don't think Sam had much, if anything, to do with it. Once again, nobody forced Elia to bring up the cheating, just as nobody forced Frank to threaten Marcel. Both made the decision to do these things on their own. Most people do not see Sam as you do, or he would not have won the favorite chef $10,000 contest. If you go to the blogs on Bravo website you will see that there are numerous replies from people that are mad about Sam being tossed off the show as well. Also, it was Marcel that had 79% of the phone in vote for chef you most want to see sent home on the last show not Sam.
    Yes, Sam's flaws have been basically overlooked by most fans, myself included. He has the advantages of being smokin' hot, a guy's guy alpha male, and one of the most talented chefs in the competition.

But it's also true that he has been a little pot-stirrer this season. He's like the little devil on the shoulder urging bad behavior. Then he fades back into the background and watches with feigned surprise as the consequences unfold. Of course, you're correct in saying that nobody actually coerced or forced Elia or Frank or whoever to do anything. But that doesn't mean Sam's not a sneaky Pete. Just that he's good at it.

In any event, I still think the finale should've been Sam and Marcel...

I truly though Sam was the only one out of the 4 who actually deserved to win. he's been a top contender the whole season. He's a humble guy, and he deserved to at least make it to the finale.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2218744;
    The American public has been VERY WRONG in the past....and we have over 3,000 dead and an unbearable two more years as an illustration. (in my humble opinion...)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;2218805;
    The American public has been VERY WRONG in the past....and we have over 3,000 dead and an unbearable two more years as an illustration. (in my humble opinion...)
    I'm not sure how you can compare voting for the president to voting for your favorite top chef. Those are two very different situations.

+ Reply to Thread