+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michael Midgley - Season 2

ROCK ON MICHAEL!!!!

Finally we are seeing Mikey's talents. I have been rooting for him for a long while because he has been the underdog and has been pretty much dismissed by all as a buffoon but this challenge so far into the last seven weeks of the competition shows that he might just be the dark horse that will bite the others in the butt

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2154574;
    I don't know. To me, Michael seems overwhelmed by the competition. He seems to get so stressed that he can't focus on creating dishes.

I am not convinced he's a poor chef. I don't think we know what he can really do because he gets too stressed to create.
    After the 1/3 episode, I think you may have a point. With the Vicodin to take the edge off, Mike pulled out 2 fabulous dishes and wins.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I haven't posted in months but i had to get back on here and just say how much I enjoy watching Top Chef more or less because of Mike. Just a whole lot of fun watching him muddle his way through as the least experienced of the bunch. Plus, he doesn't complain, snipe, throw tantrums, blame others or play the prima donna. Is he less talented than the rest of them? I doubt it- less experienced, yes? Less talented. Probably not.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

FORT Fanatic
    Does anyone here watch Top Chef and America's Next Top Model? I'm pretty sure Midge and Meg (rock and roll!) were separate at birth.

Perhaps you are right! I can see the similarities!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart;2196456;
    Does anyone here watch Top Chef and America's Next Top Model? I'm pretty sure Midge and Meg (rock and roll!) were separate at birth.

FORT Fanatic
    Mikey has now joined the Hate Marcel clique. Why? Because Marcel "ratted" him out w/regards to the beer stashed for him by his "friends" Sam, Cliff and Ilan. As everyone knows, Mikey had his wisdom teeth pulled and was on vicodin, a narcotic. The directions that accompany vicodin are very clear: Do NOT take alcohol with this drug/ May have Dangerous side effects. Flashback to the firehouse challenge where beer took precedence over a necessary ingredient for his steak sandwich, beer again overshadows a possible visit to the hospital to get his stomach pumped, or worse.

http://www.bloggingtopchef.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to January 6 for Mike's interview.

Perhaps Marcel should have kept his mouth shut and waited to see the results of Mikey mixing drugs with alcohol. If Mikey got a bad reaction and ended up in the hospital, would Sam, Cliff and Ilan be liable for criminal charges? I have to think that Marcel telling the producers about the beer was responsible for the personal attacks against him in the latest episode.
    I hope that Mikey now realizes that Marcel did him a big favor and that he should pick his friends more carefully.

FORT Newbie

Go Michael

He might not be the best chef out there but he is definitely pulling it out in the last few episodes. I am happy that he won episode 9, the challenge and the quick fire! I don't think anyone was expecting that!

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2201184;
    Perhaps Marcel should have kept his mouth shut and waited to see the results of Mikey mixing drugs with alcohol. If Mikey got a bad reaction and ended up in the hospital, would Sam, Cliff and Ilan be liable for criminal charges? I have to think that Marcel telling the producers about the beer was responsible for the personal attacks against him in the latest episode.
    I hope that Mikey now realizes that Marcel did him a big favor and that he should pick his friends more carefully.
    Sam called Marcel "Ratboy" in the last episode, and Mike was rather adamant about calling Marcel "Templeton, the rat" so I gotta think all the bullying from the last episode was all about Mike's alcohol problem.

Out of everyone, Mikey is married??

So adorable!!

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=psycobabe007;2204521;]Out of everyone, Mikey is married??

So adorable!![/QUOTE

Mike has been going with Laci for 7 or 8 years now and they got married last year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast