+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Betty Fraser - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2160115;
    What group? The other chefs? Nah, they want Marcel gone as much as Betty does.

What about the reactions the five winning chefs had to his dish? They immediately pointed out every negative thing about it and kept saying it was the worst dish. They were trying to get Marcel out too.

It's not just Betty. She's just the one that ended up voicing the feelings against Marcel. Those feelings had been building up since the beginning, but Betty was the one to let them out in the open. From there, the other chefs who dislike Marcel have just say back and quietly cheered her on. Just look at the joy on their faces as Betty is yelling at him at the end of last week's episode.
    Yes, and that sickens me too. I have not seen Marcel do anything awful. He may be a little irritating or arrogant, but he's not mean-spirited, or at least I haven't seen any evidence that he is. Plus he seems genuinely hurt that everyone is ganging up on him. I think sometimes a group just bonds by scapegoating one person and ganging up on him. It doesn't make it right. Betty's screaming at him in front of everyone just makes it look like she's trying to be the popular kid in the lunchroom by trying to humiliate someone else.

And yes, the other five chefs were insulting Marcel's food, but did you notice the judge's reactions? However Marcel's dish tasted, he really embraced the challenge and did something innovative, and no one even gave him credit for that. Not even a comment like, "Well, this is at least more interesting than a salad or a baked potato." Thankfully the judges seemed to get that he was being scapegoated.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;2159372;
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I was most increduous to her blame-fest. The fact that she went after Carlos when he chose her and this AFTER she supposedly chose not to pick someone to go. She demonstrated very bad sportsmanship. And my goodness, who does she think will help her in the future if she's going to trash them for her mistakes? Her yelling match with Marcel was most uncalled for. I almost felt sorry for him and I just can't stand the man!
    I agree.
    Betty was so sweet and such a great sport while she was winning. But, as soon as she gets called out on some mistakes, she starts blaming everyone else, crying, and yelling at the nearest scapegoat. Hmmm, kinda sounds like my 8 yr old..... no, he has outgrown that behavior.

i hate her

She is very annoying, and a total B****. marcel is OK... She is just a frustrated bitter fat middle age blondie wannabe...LOL

Betty's on WE

Betty's on a WE show: Holiday Home invasion. She's baking cookies and making gingerbread houses. Do you suppose this was filmed before or after Top Chef? I just thought it was weird to see her on another show. She was sort of and "extra" on the show--just a helper cook. So things may not have worked out so well for her. She's grinning away on this show too

FORT Fanatic
    Marcel hasn't done anything mean-spirited?? I guess distracting Betty while she is cooking under a time limit and finishing w/4 seconds to spare isn't mean-spirited? Betty should have taken a fry pan and rearranged Marcel's face so that his mother wouldn't have recognized him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2160115;
    What group? The other chefs? Nah, they want Marcel gone as much as Betty does.
    After Betty pointed out that Marcel should be gone in front of the judge (and then she went off on Carlos), the losers when back to the other room with the winning chefs. When Betty said she told the judges Marcel should be the one to go, one person, I think it's Clif, said "Really? Wow." There is at least someone (I'm pretty sure it's Clif) who didn't want to send Marcel home on that episode.

FORT Newbie

Finally! She's off the show!

Finally the bipolor excuse maker is finally off my tv set and now I can see real aspiring chefs cook. She had more emotional ups and downs then a rollercoaster and focused her sickness on a unreasonable hatred for Marcel. Good bye, good riddance, get help.

Im sad to see Betty gone. I thought she would be in the top 3. I wish her the best of luck.

I liked Betty too - however I didn't think she would make the top 3. She was pure entertainment for me - thought her outbursts at Marcel were pretty hilarious - needed someone to vent at. I don't care for Marcel but thought he didn't deserve some of her wrath. Betty made for good tv - she was destine to be gone because she isn't up to the same caliber of Sam or Cliff. I'll miss her tho - she had a good heart.

I was really sad to see her go. In the first episodes, she was really likable and you couldn't help but root for her. But then you see her going berserk on Marcel, and you didn't see the likable Betty anymore. On this past episode, I think likability factor was back, and it was hard IMO to see her go. I was hoping she could have gone to the top 6.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast