+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Katie Out for the Second Season?

Is Katie Out for the Second Season?

I was just watching Craig Ferguson's show tonight and Padma Lakshmi was a guest. Just as they were finishing up the interview, she wished Tom Colicchio a happy birthday and then mentioned that she can also be seen on Top Chef. Could this mean that Katie, our favorite cardboard host, is out? Please, GOD let it mean she's out! Here's Padma's info on imdb.com: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0482290/bio

She seemed more intelligent and animated than Katie.

She'll certainly bring in male viewers!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That seemed to be the rumor floating around at the end of last season. I would be thrilled with most anyone but her. She was so bland and pretty much added nothing to the show. I can't wait for this show to come back.

Guys, our prayers have been answered. Katie is officially not returning. Here is a press release from Bravo (I've cut and pasted the part about the new host):

Known as the first Indian supermodel, actress and award-winning writer Padma Lakshmi joins the second season as host of "Top Chef," introducing the challenges to the contestants and sitting at the judges' table each week. Lakshmi is currently working on her second cookbook for Miramax Books due in Spring 2007, a culinary endeavor of over 150 recipes from around the world and intriguing personal memoirs. This is a follow up to her successful first cookbook, "Easy Exotic," for which she won the International Versailles Event for best cookbook by a first time writer.

Lakshmi hosted "Padma's Passport" on The Food Network, cooking diverse and low-fat cuisine based on her best selling book, "Easy Exotic." Lakshmi also hosted the documentary series "Planet Food" for The Food Network and worldwide Discovery Channel, in which she journeyed the world for exotic cuisine.

Lakshmi's acting credentials are also extensive. In April 2006, Lakshmi portrayed the Egyptian Princess Bithia in ABC's mini-series "The Ten Commandments." In September she will portray the beautiful Indian courtesan Madhuvanthi in BBC America's "Sharpe's Challenge," a two-part mini-series that is the continuation of the popular BBC series based on Bernard Cornwell's novels. Coming later this year on the big screen, she joins Aishwarya Rai and Dylan McDermott in Paul Mayeda Berges' newest film "Mistress of Spices."
    Wow, the first Indian supermodel. It makes me think of Janice Dickinson always claiming to be the world's first supermodel. She definitely has to be more interesting than Katie. A bag of rocks are more interesting than Katie, though.

On a side note, Tom and Gail will also be returning as judges. I also can't wait for the return. I like this better than Hell's Kitchen (although, both are good).

http://nbcumv.com/bravo/release_deta...dseasonof.html

FORT Fanatic
    Katie was an awful fembot. No personality. I wonder if she's ever been tickled. She seemed very typical Hamptons.

I'm surprised the bio of the new host doesn't mention that she's married (I think married) to Rushdie.

Kate-bot, good riddence!

FORT Regular

Great news!

If ever someone got a job only because of her connections, it was Ms. Katie...

Just goes to show that one DOES need something other than looks to be entertaining...

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I am looking forward to a new host with some life in her.

FORT Fogey
    Yay! Indian pride for my Padma Lakshmi! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    I am looking forward to a new host with some life in her.
    Not to mention someone who knows a thing or three about cooking!

Oh yay! That is so wonderful! She was so robotic and bland. Good riddance! I am glad to see Padma Lakshmi take her place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast