+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I am so disgusted I don't think I can watch the finale. I'll just come here for updates. The judges said that Tiffani was the near favorite on all of the challenges. No she wasn't. The Cirgue du Soleil cast were really critical of her dishers as were the poker players who had to use utensils. I can't believe Tiffani insulted the playing ability of the poker players because they didn't like her food. It's never Tiffani's fault. The diners were just beneath her and couldn't appreciate her genius.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    I am so disgusted I don't think I can watch the finale. I'll just come here for updates. The judges said that Tiffani was the near favorite on all of the challenges. No she wasn't. The Cirgue du Soleil cast were really critical of her dishers as were the poker players who had to use utensils. I can't believe Tiffani insulted the playing ability of the poker players because they didn't like her food. It's never Tiffani's fault. The diners were just beneath her and couldn't appreciate her genius.

I agree wholeheartedly with your whole post rt1ky!

and harold for the win!

or I quit this show.

My one question is why is the bald Chef-judge always pandering to her? He knocks Dave constantly tonight... and defends Tiffany. The girl can't cook... and she is constantly making this off the wall dishes... very badly. Again how did she get this far?
    The judge you are talking about is Tom C!
    I cannot stand the way he act towards Dave as well.
    Notice in Tom's blog on Bravo.com when Dave won the Napa challenge he tried to down play it by saying Dave's Mac and Cheese dish was a "happy accident."
    Really Tom?
    That's funny because I am pretty sure I heard Dave say he thought the Mac and Cheese flavors would go well with the black truffle, and I know I saw Dave make the dish, so I am not sure how Tom C came to the conclusion it was a "Happy Accident".

Last night Tom did the same thing when hearing Dave won the second "room service" order to the poker players.
    Tom made a off-handed comment about the 2nd challenge being about snack food, and how Dave knows his SNACK FOOD. As if Tom was saying, "Yea Dave won, but afterall it is only snack food."
    If the challenge is not going to be looked at with the same regard as the other two, then why even have a snack food challenge!

Eh...
    Honestly, Dave made two "room service" carts that were better than Tifani and should have been in, if you look at last night exclusively.
    Now if you take the entire competition into consideration, I guess Tifani should be in, because overall she was better throughout the show.

Tom C showed his lack of fairness in regards to Dave.
    Last edited by taffina; 05-18-2006 at 10:17 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    I The diners were just beneath her and couldn't appreciate her genius.

Tiff reminds me so much of Stephen - it's always someone else's fault.

Harold needs to win this thing - he should have been handed the win last night. He's the only one of the final three that actually has definite culinary associated plans for the prizes and $ that the winner gets.

I think Dave has good skills but unless he can get his emotions under control and get his head together, he'll never make it as a Top Chef. A kitchen is constantly a bedlam of activity and ya gotta be able to keep your cool. One of Harold's best qualities.

Harold will do well in the restaurant business. I wish him well.

FORT Regular
    So sad to see Dave go. I agree with the many posters that Tiff should have been let go and not Dave, especially after the guest judges commments more in favor of Dave's dishes (I'm not even a Tiff hater). Give me a break! The show obviously has an agenda, and clearly if Joelbot is the host for season 2, well, I'm no longer interested.

Dave, I can't wait to taste your food where ever you end up at in your fabulous cooking career. You've left my mouth watering with your dishes, even through the TV.

Oh, loved what Tiff said "pampered by food." That sounds like a great cooking show. Too bad she said it.

I'm a little worried about Harold's winning - or not - the finale. The previews showed him defending bland food?

I remember that French hairy chef who was a judge last night and in a previous episode. He complimented Tiffani for her calm demeanor in the kitchen and said she' work well in his kitchen. So he likes her enough to hire her and he's a judge in the finale? Yikes, something is wrong in (Vegas) Denmark.

The previews show four chefs helping out the two finalists. It looks like Stephen got stuck with Tiffani. If Harold was lucky, he got Miguel and Lee Anne. < crossing lady fingers for luck >

FYI- I just posted tom's blogs in his thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle_Cat View Post
    So Dave gets the boot because he submitted two dishes instead of three. He could have done some double-talk saying that one of the dishes represented two dishes; but, he is an honest guy. Meanwhile, Tiff is caught cheating on camera and she is still in the game. I don't get it. I love this show even though I am not usually one for reality TV; but how does she get to stay? At first I thought she was just a Bitch. Then I felt sorry for her thinking she was just determined and misunderstood (coming across not quite right on camera). Then when I saw the reunion show and was ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN she had cheated (turning down the ovens, turning off burnersm stealing pomergranites, etc.) I thought for certain the show would boot her off as she DID NOT DENY CHEATING. So, what happens is they leave her on and kick off people like Lee Ann and Dave....HOW TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTING OF THE SHOW
    First...

IMO they picked Tiffani, even though Dave did an outstanding job last night, because many of them thought Dave did not deserve to be there in the first place. I think it was Tiffani's to lose last night. Dave might have been able to get into the finals if he had remembered that 3rd dish, but unfortunately they were gunning for him, and that gave them the excuse they needed. According to the judges blogs they really didn't think Dave should be in the finals.

I think that according to how he performed last night, as well as making it into the finals because of his dishes he was really starting to shine. I wish he would have made it to the finals, but maybe I'm biased since I don't care for Tiffani.

Great ep. Good challenges. It was awesome to see Harold and Dave do so well and I'm glad Dave won at least one challenge and while he made a huge mistake with the final challenge, his meal was still excellent. While I didn't necessarily agree he should be in the finals, he proved himself more than up to the challenge. I guess it's about the rules and since Dave didn't complete the assignment, it cost him. I am so very sure he will do well in this world because he has shown himself in a wonderfully positive light.
    I will tell you the truth, I expected more from Tiffani. Granted her dishes for the poker game were apparently very good, but not up to the challenge requirements. Where is this game face she keeps referring to? I know the girl has skills, and honestly since she didn't win a single challenge she will step it up.
    Harold rocks. He kept up his high quality of food (except for the poker challenge) and maintained his cool through out all three challenges. As for the poker challenge, it's funny that their favorite item was the wings. LOL! I think he still did a good job because he used what they had in the kitchen as per the instructions and made food that the customers liked, easy to prepare and kept him within the boundaries of the challenge. I think it was pretty smart time wise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast