+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What kinds of challenges would you like to see for Season 2?

It's funny. Many of the things mentioned last season...happened this season.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2170498;
    Adding a suggestion for season 3.

I liked the idea of not using modern techonolgy, but I would have loved to heave seen it taken further. Have the chefs prepare a meal as cooks did a century ago. Use ingredients that were available at the time. Kind of like that show 1900 House.
    Great Idea!

Also would like to see less "sponsor related" challenges. That Kraft challenge with Mayo, BBQ and Zesty Italian Dressing was awful.

Perhaps they could ditch the Quick Fry Challenges and Focus the time on one event that they could do well.

could they please get better chefs? How in the world can a simple cooking show turn into a big drama fest? I would love to go back to just the cooking. maybe they can do better castings. I was thinking that these are the biggest group of losers whoever graced the television screen. At least last season they kept the drama to a minimum.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinie;2206908;
    could they please get better chefs? How in the world can a simple cooking show turn into a big drama fest? I would love to go back to just the cooking. maybe they can do better castings. I was thinking that these are the biggest group of losers whoever graced the television screen. At least last season they kept the drama to a minimum.
    I agree. It's hard to tell who is the best chefs are because of their immature behavior.

I would like to see them bring Gordon Ramsay on as a guest judge.

FORT Fogey
    I would skip the vending machine, junk food, canned and oddball challenges that do not use good ingredients. It would be more fun to see things that we, as viewers could possibly duplicate or become insppired by.

Loved the sandwich quickfire of last season and street food. I would be happy to see those again.

As the seasons progress future contestants should know more going in. Some challenge will be judged by kids, that is a given. Cater to them, do not educate!

When the general public is your audience be careful to keep things familiar to a large degree. You may not win the challenge but they will not boot you if you were the crowd pleaser. And know you will be faced with making something out of already prepared food, be it frozen, take out or from a cart.

They are going to have to repeat some challenges because there is just so much you can do.

Food item packaged ahead for sale from a case you carry, like at a circus or ballgame has not been done. Vegetarian meal hasn't either nor has soup as a quick fire.

There was a British reality cooking show on BBC (can't remember name -- MasterChef?) where they were taken to an army training camp and had to prepare meals for the troops using standard rations (not MREs) and field equipment. Was interesting and seemed very challenging.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I would love to see a vegetarian meal challenge.

The vegetarian idea sounds great. Everyone is always basing their meals around a meat, poultry, or seafood protein, so it would be nice to see a vegetarian option in there.
    Also, I would love to see a challenge based around a common meal in the household, such as pizza, hamburgers, casseroles(as was mentioned before), or even a meal for a slow cooker (which btw are making a HUGE comeback!). It's nice when they touch on the aspect of how to make everyday cooking a little better, like the microwave challenge in Season 1.

FORT Fogey
    I would like to see a couple of the challenges with them cooking the same dish with their spin on it blind tested by the judges. I think sometimes their personal bias taints the results. Plus I think having some chefs running the front while others cook is a very had way to judge them fairly and equally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast