+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The cake turned out well for box cake mix. Granted I don't know how it tastes but it looks pretty.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
    The question is do you like Harold or Stephan better?

Back to the show, the chefs are all working hard to get Le Anne's menu together for the wedding reception.

I hate the host of this show, Katie or something.
    You know- they're both fun to watch. I also don't like the host. I find her bland and her monotone drives me crazy.
    I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Would you kindly give us west coasters a bit more detail? Such as, why are they following Lee Anne's menu? What is the challenge? Did they have a Quick Fire Challenge?

Thanks!

What? You want actual show details, instead of silly talk about the merits of Harold vs. Stephen? I'll try to do a little better!

There was a Quickfire Challenge, but the winner, (Lee Anne) did not get immunity. The challenge was to come up with the best wedding menu for two gentlemen named Scott and Scott.

Mrs. Billy Joel...the host of the show...horrible diction (swallows her nasally words--Nicole Linkletter, anyone?) and projects no energy.

As I'm watching this, I'm listening to the comments of the chefs about *why* this is a ridiculous challenge, and well, sheesh, they're obviously right.

The chefs have no time to properly procure the quality or type of ingredients they need, no time to really prepare the food in a quality-controlled manner, no time to review and verify the timeline for what will occur during the reception...whose bright idea was that? What exactly does this challenge test? How well you can execute an elaborate idea with no time or access to the proper ingredients? Say what?

ETA: The chefs in the QF challenge were asked to come up with the "wedding" menu for a gay couple. The couple specified that they wanted a prawn appetizer, some sort of teaser, a few other courses, and a nice wedding cake. Each chef came up with a vision of the menu and presented it (along with a sample of the prawn appetizer). What they weren't told was that, regardless of how elaborate their menus might or might not be, or how easily they might or might not be carried out, the event would take place in 16 hours (i.e., the next afternoon).

Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask them to design a menu with the 16-hour window in mind? And to give them a day to shop at a specialty store, not the local A&P.

ETA SOME MORE: They're panning LeAnne et al. for being over-ambitious and for the miserable food. Morons--maybe if you'd given the time constraints ahead of time, she'd have created a more doable menu.
    Last edited by dallas_viewer; 04-26-2006 at 10:47 PM.

Well the cake and truffles looked good when they were served but the guest did not love the cake. Some even complained about eggshells in it. This is odd to me because really, how do you get eggshells in cake batter. Crack them separate and pour them in the bowl, not that hard! Sorry, that was a small rant.

Did Lee Anne get to choose who made what?

What was on the menu?

Is anyone shining tonight?

The judges are not impressed with the dinner. Tiffani once again pulling out the bitch. She really has no idea how to relate to customers.

Judge Tom is not happy with our chefs and tells them he's had better takeout food than what they prepared for the wedding.

The purpose of the Quickfire was to choose the menu, and I think they all talked through who was going to prepare what, (I wasn't paying the closest attention), but Lee Anne was in charge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast