+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave - Season 1

I agree...I like Dave. While others love to bash him for being sensitive & whiney, to me he comes across as honest & hard working...traits that are reflected in his food. Remember episode 1 where Tiffani said his food was her favorite? Tom has mentioned on the show and in his blog how he appreciates the layering of flavors. And as Dave readily admits, he's not one to use overly exotic flavors & ingredients. I'd rather scarf down his lamb enchiladas over too-soft carrots, bowel inducing salads, or a single manila clam swiped onto a plate any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    http://216.69.182.87/images/pic_gal_david_1.jpg

Look how worried he looks in this picture even! Like he's not sure if he should even smile. Sheesh Dave-y boy.. R E L A X.
    I actually find his picture kind of scary. But then again, I scare easy.. . . . . He's okay, but I just don't respect him. He cries every five minutes. Yeah, I want him to cook my food.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

He cries every five minutes. Yeah, I want him to cook my food.
    You never saw Like Water for Chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    You never saw Like Water for Chocolate?
    \

Um, no. Emotional people can't be touching my food because people tend to lose their mind when they get upset. I'm sure that Dave would easily get mad at someone and spit and/or pee in the food before bringing it out. I can't be having bodily fluids in my food. I'll stick with pre-packaged microwave food.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Unless of course the guy at the tv dinner* factory was having a bad day!

*I just showed my age, there.

Ps, it's (Like Water for Chocolate) a good movie. In the movie she cries into the food and it makes everyone's life change.

Unless of course the guy at the tv dinner* factory was having a bad day!

I can swallow it down it little easier when I paid a dollar something for it instead of 40+. No pee for a meal that expensive. I have higher standards when it costs more.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

I really like Dave.

I think he already won the Grand Prize on this show--the trip to Cannes. In any profession it's all about connections--who you know. He is going on an International trip with one of the biggest names in the restaurant industry. That could take him ALOT further, in the long run, than some writeup in Food and Wine magazine.

But let's face it, who would YOU rather go on a trip with? The bitchy, arrogant Tiffani or the more colorful, FUN, Dave?

Well as long as Tiffani felt she had something to gain from the person she would plaster on that fake smile and be polite. It's only if she considers someone beneath her, or a possible threat in a competition, that she gets what most might call mean.

So, I think she'd be all smiley charmy to Mr. Chodorow. And to anyone who would be reporting her behavior back to him possibly. So he'd be safe.

As for me, personally? I'd rather take Dave. He is helpful in a crisis and he seems compassionate, if there were any difficulties along the way. I don't mind his crying although truthfully working closely with him for an extended time it might be concerning. But, on a trip? He'd be fine. I think he'd gossip on the plane and would probably be thoughtful and bring gourmet homemade treats for the plane ride.

I have a feeling Tiffani would consider me a non entity (I can't help her career) and look through me like I wasn't there. A disconcerting feeling when traveling/associating with someone.

Hopefully the trip will go smoothly and will be so fun, that Dave won't cry at all.

katiecoolady wrote:
    I think he already won the Grand Prize on this show--the trip to Cannes. In any profession it's all about connections.
    You made an excellent point here. I hope he meets many people who will help him in his career.

I just wanted to say... That macaroni and cheese had me droolin'. Well not quite drooling but inwardly! Lol.

I'd so hire Dave to cook for me if I had Oprah money.

I just wanted to say... That macaroni and cheese had me droolin'. Well not quite drooling but inwardly! Lol.

I'd so hire Dave to cook for me if I had Oprah money.
    I do think he was the one who used those truffles with most originality. I personally do not like truffles but I thought his dish was brilliant. GO DAVE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast