• 1 Post By MFWalkoff
  • 1 Post By MFWalkoff
  • 1 Post By Florimel
  • 1 Post By Passepartout
  • 1 Post By HaikenEdge
  • 1 Post By TheIrishEyes

Thread: Top Chef Duels (premieres Wed. Aug. 6 @ 10PM) - News and Speculation

Top Chef Duels (premieres Wed. Aug. 6 @ 10PM) - News and Speculation

Top Chef 12 won't premiere until the fall, but in the meantime...

"Top Chef Duels"

Produced by Magical Elves with Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz serving as Executive Producers.

Previously announced as "Top Chef Extreme," this new culinary competition series hosted by celebrity chef Curtis Stone brings back eighteen of the biggest, boldest and most talked-about personalities from past seasons of "Top Chef" and "Top Chef Masters."

In each episode, two former chef'testants will face off head-to-head in three rounds of extreme culinary challenges, each being given the chance to up the ante and challenge the other's culinary skills. The winners of each battle will compete in the season finale in a test of pure gastronomic talent and ambition until only one is standing to claim the $100,000 grand prize and culinary bragging rights.

Curtis Stone will also anchor the judges table with Gail Simmons, while chefs Wolfgang Puck and Hugh Acheson and special guests will round out the judging panel throughout the series.
    Here's an brief article from Bravo's site featuring Tiffani/Season 1 and David Burke, who will be competing:

David Burke and Tiffani Faison Dish on 'Top Chef Duels' | Bravo TV Dish | Official News
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Duels (Summer 2014) - News and Speculation

“Top Chef Duels” premieres Wednesday, Aug. 6 at 10/9c on Bravo. Here is the lineup of duelling chefs:

Episode 1: Richard Blais (Top Chef Chicago finalist and Top Chef All-Stars winner) vs. Marcel Vigneron (Top Chef Season 2 runner-up)

Episode 2: Shirley Chung (Top Chef New Orleans finalist) vs. Brooke Williamson (Top Chef Seattle runner-up)

Episode 3: Mike Isabella (Top Chef All-Stars runner-up) vs. Antonia Lofaso (Top Chef Chicago & All-Stars finalist)

Episode 4: CJ Jacobson (Top Chef Miami & Texas contestant) vs. Stefan Richter (Top Chef Season 5 runner-up)

Episode 5: David Burke (Top Chef Masters Season 5) vs. Takashi Yagihashi (Top Chef Masters Season 4)

Episode 6: Tiffani Faison (Top Chef Season 1 runner-up) vs. Dale Talde (Top Chef Chicago finalist and All-Stars contestant)

Episode 7: Nyesha Arrington (Top Chef Texas contestant) vs. Jen Carroll (Top Chef Las Vegas finalist & All-Stars contestant)

Episode 8: Stephanie Izard (Top Chef Chicago winner) vs. Kristen Kish (Top Chef Seattle winner)

Episode 9: Kevin Gillespie (Top Chef Las Vegas finalist & fan favorite) vs. Art Smith (Top Chef Masters Season 1)

Episode 10: Championship Finale
    Top Chef Duels | Bravo TV Official Site
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 06-07-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Mreid1472 likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Duels (premieres Wed. Aug. 6 @ 10PM) - News and Speculation

Awesome ill definitely be watching!!! Episode 2 will be my favorite i love Shirley and Brooke!!!

Hmm...I'll have to get some nice clothes...

Want to Attend a Top Chef Tasting Event?
    All the details on the 'Duels' season premiere party.

9 hours ago - The Dish

It's every Top Chef fan's dream: to taste the dishes served up by the Cheftestants. And now, we're offering a chance to get face-to-face with some of our stars and their amazing culinary creations!

Next month, we're teaming up with Chase Sapphire Preferred for a premiere party for Top Chef Duels, where fans will have an opportunity to celebrate with host-judge Curtis Stone and judge Gail Simmons. We'll be serving up cocktails and tasty dishes from past Top Chef alums, who will also be going head-to-head in live culinary duels.

It all goes down August 4 in New York City at the Altman Building. Want to take part? Head to City Harvest's website to purchase tickets.

Top Chef Duels premieres August 6 at 10/9c. Watch a preview of the season below.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Official trailer -- I like the selection of chefs for this show...

momrek06 likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Looks like it could be very entertaining. I plan to watch.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I always thought Gail needed to host TC. She would be a better host than Padma IMHO! Glad she is hosting this.
    FireWoman likes this.
    NFL 2014 is Here!

So hyped for this.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

I'm really excited to see how this new format will work! I think it's a great idea for an "all-star" type season, the one-on-one battles will really bring those egos out in full force!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

+ Reply to Thread