+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Top Chef New Orleans - 1/15 Show Discussion

Re: Top Chef New Orleans - 1/15 Show Discussion

Maybe I'll regret this, but here it goes...

I don't like Carlos. I don't know him in real life. He may be a perfectly nice person, but I do not care for the Carlos that has been portrayed on the show. It has nothing to do with his hair, accent, heritage, etc. I do not care for him because his general cooking knowledge appears to be less than the other chefs. He strikes me as unprepared when he shows up with knives that are not appropriately sharp. He seems hypocritical when he complains about someone not helping him, and then turns around and says "this is a competition" when he is expected to help someone else.

These are my impressions from the totality of what I have seen on the show. I do not go back and re-watch episodes even once, so I certainly do not dissect them for detail. I do not have any desire to pick apart each instance of behavior and document it here. Impressions like this can just form over time. They don't have to make sense to other viewers.

I like Nina, but I have gathered that there are many here who don't like her at all. I wouldn't argue with them about the reasons they don't like her. They are entitled to their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Maybe I'll regret this, but here it goes...

I don't like Carlos. I don't know him in real life. He may be a perfectly nice person, but I do not care for the Carlos that has been portrayed on the show. It has nothing to do with his hair, accent, heritage, etc. I do not care for him because his general cooking knowledge appears to be less than the other chefs. He strikes me as unprepared when he shows up with knives that are not appropriately sharp. He seems hypocritical when he complains about someone not helping him, and then turns around and says "this is a competition" when he is expected to help someone else.

These are my impressions from the totality of what I have seen on the show. I do not go back and re-watch episodes even once, so I certainly do not dissect them for detail. I do not have any desire to pick apart each instance of behavior and document it here. Impressions like this can just form over time. They don't have to make sense to other viewers.

I like Nina, but I have gathered that there are many here who don't like her at all. I wouldn't argue with them about the reasons they don't like her. They are entitled to their opinion.
    My feeling about Carlos matches your in every respect, ClosetWatcher. I haven't liked him from the start and for exactly the same reasons. This is not a show I watch more than once either.

As far as Nina is concerned, I really liked and admired her in the first couple of episodes, but there's something about her that has turned me off more and more each week. I do think she's good at what she does, but I rather see Shirley win over Nina.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mod hat: **Reminder: This thread and this forum are here for everyone's enjoyment. It is not a place for members to feel browbeat, badgered, or personally confronted for expressing a thought. No one should think they may "regret" making a post. This is not a debate society. There are no winners or losers, and no one gets extra credit for attempting to talk others out of their own opinions, or driving minute points into the ground. Lighten up, please, and remember: FORT is not about member vs. member; it's about all of us vs. those silly people trying to be famous on TV. Thank you.**
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Anyone else getting sick of the special effect that they use every judges table moving contestant to contestant real fast? It almost seems as if they have a new editor that learned a new special effect and is using the same special effect over and over again.
    Florimel and MFWalkoff like this.

Thank you! That quick zoom & pan across all the bottom chefs before they announce who is packing their knives really bugs me too. They did this last season as well. All I can think of when it happens is, "How long did they make these poor chefs stand there staring ahead with cameras spinning around them before they let one of them go?" Seems like overkill to me, and it takes away from the show's perceived authenticity.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345