+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Top Chef New Orleans - 12/18 Show Discussion

Re: Top Chef New Orleans - 12/18 Show Discussion

I could have sworn they said they werent filming at LSU (located in Baton Rouge, not NOLA) but then they did show the tiger!
    Last edited by mindy384; 12-23-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I am glad Justin is gone; arrogance is not attractive. And his food was not favored by the judges in most challenges.
    Me too.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I am late to this party and am catching up with episodes all out of order from my DVR. I just watched RESTAURANT WARS last night and before that the one with the Quickfire involving the mom's filling shopping carts with everything wrapped in foil. I have to shout out that the producers at Magical Elves have really made an effort to cast some guys who look pretty damn cute in their chef coats. My personal favorite (although his name escapes me at the moment) is the winner of Restaurant Wars. He combines that boy next door charm with real know how running a kitchen. The least I could do is remember his name! In second place is the token gay Travis who has a beautiful smile, seems super capable, and I find it sweetly out of left field that he feels national TV is the only way to come out to his parents. Thank you, Top Chef, for throwing some additional heat into the kitchen!

Just turned another episode on and located name of favorite cheftestant: Nicholas

FORT Newbie

While I will agree with AWfielder about the heat being turned up on TOP CHEF!!! I must say that without Jason Cichonski to fan the flames, this puppy is over-cooked. Sure I will give it to you that both Nicholas Elmi and Travis Masary are both handsome, charismatic and know their way around the kitchen however, they both land a little bland for me. I am looking for more of that it factor when looking for a contestant to root for!!! Case in point: BIG BROTHER Jeremy....once he was off the show I was crushed. Sure he is cocky, self assured and full of himself but, I like that in a man. Once Jeremy was gone from BB it was over for me. I say to TOP CHEF bring back Jason Cichonski!!!!!!! One look into those baby blues and I would eat Spam with a smile on my face! For anyone that truly knows me knows I have an aversion to anything proscessed and being full of mystery meat! I will just bet that Jason Cichonski could make me eat my carrots with a huge smile and I'd forget I didn't like em. Where was he (JC) all those years my mom made me sit at the table until I finished all those darn, orange carrots?????

I agree with frontrunner Nina that it's looking like a two chef race between her and Nicholas for the title. She is pure skill and talent and is keenly aware of any dead weight holding her down. Nicholas is a first rate chef whose principal talent in this competition is understanding what medium he is working on and instinctively knowing how to use TV to his advantage. These aren't actors, but great chefs are also celebrities who play the front of the house as well as juggle the chaos of the kitchen. He was in prime form during the cook your best dish from home challenge. Total theater. The ticking clock in the kitchen when he thought he wouldn't finish on time. The spontaneous and honest burst of emotion talking about his little girl while introducing his dish. And for dessert, pure boyish charm and humility accepting the win. If Nicholas wants to hang up his chef coat, he should run for office. He's got my vote! On the other hand, just like the judges I turned on a dime on poor Travis. Sent home over biscuits? I can make biscuits! I wish him well now that his knives are all packed up and hope all goes well with the folks after he came out to them and America simultaneously.

FORT Newbie

I too wish Travis well as he goes back home to see the folks after his revalation. However, do you really think they didn't know????
    This is going to be a total show between Nicholas and Nina but, I kinda feel Nina has an edge here. She is using pure talent here to
    win, not her school girl charms as Nicholas seems to be doing! I feel they are both very good at what they do and it will all come down
    to who does it best!
    I think somehow Jason C. should be brought back to the fold but, just for selfish purposes only!
    Good luck to the remaining contestants!

I think Nina has the edge, and I think Nick is going to keep getting in his own way with his emotions and stress. And I think Shirley and Carrie are still very much in the fight as well. Brian and Carlos have an outside chance, but my gut is telling me they both aren't long for this season. Brian may give Louis a real fight in LCK.

I'm glad there's a new show this Wednesday - it feels like it's been months since we've seen a new episode, lol.
    AWfielder likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I'm glad MFWalkoff thinks this race is still pretty open and isn't ruling out Shirley, Carrie, Brian, or Carlos for taking home the $125,000K and the title. Nina has been coasting on multiple batches of gnocchi for some time now. Usually Tom would ding a cheftestant for repeating themselves but Nina got high praise for it. Now that I've caught up with all the back episodes on my DVR, Nick has had his share of standing among the bottom three and that dry fish after his case of strep throat came close to an automatic packing of his knives. However, Nick has provided for me what every skill based reality show needs: someone in the pack to root for. I like his earnestness and the way he treats his competitors. I don't think he "stole" the oven from Carlos at LSU and he strikes me as pretty genuine and skilled in the kitchen. I agree with MFWalkoff that he wears his emotions on the sleeve of his chef coat, particularly about missing his kids. On the other hand, that made him likable and the reason to keep watching. I knew it was good TV when I found myself concerned about his 24 hour bug and hoping his fever came down before the elimination challenge.

FORT Newbie

I still think it is an open house as to who will win this season. However, does anyone really think it has to do with how the contestants look?
    Personally, if one gets his/her own show looks will play into who wins. Just the way the world works folks.
    Why is this post so dead????? Did people feel uncomfortable about looks being brought into this forum???
    Just curious, as to what the others think. Any ideas????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast