+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Top Chef New Orleans - 12/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef New Orleans - 12/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I actually said while watching, "why does Sara have to wear her hair that way ALL the time?" But I agree w/the poster who said that however someone wants to wear their hair/clothes, etc is completely their choice and respect their desire to do so.
    I don't get Steam Punk from her at all but more of a '40s look...even in her regular clothes. She's very vintage like that girl who was on Millionaire Matchmaker but even she changed it up now and then.
    I never cared for her attitude...acted too much like a Mother Hen.....and felt they picked the right person to go home.
    FlyAKite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It is time for them to go back to the original idea and cook wherever that was. I don't like these shows on the road. Yes, New Orleans has some good food but I didn't think Creole or Cajun was all that fabulous. I sampled the usual fare but found the French restaurants much better. I liked it when the chefs were free to cook in their own style and not have to scramble around to make the best gumbo when that is not what they do. Gumbo is not all that, neither is Jambalaya. Beignets are fabulous as are bananas Foster though.

Their enthusiasm is much better when free to show the judges what they do best. There is a lower energy on the recent seasons. Texas was a disaster but Seattle and Boston were only marginally better.
    I agree. Cajun and Creole are not my favorites, but I love Brennan's and the other French restaurants in New Orleans. I haven't loved this New Orleans season nor did I like the Texas one. Even with a cuisines that is one of my favorites, I think it's too much of the same thing. I join you in wishing they'd go back to the way it used to be.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have to watch this show from the Bravo site due to not having cable. I had read ahead and saw that this episode is where Sara was finally told to pack her knives. Just like Florimel said above I feel that the other contestants have much more experience and skills. I was always waiting for a Bravo executive to walk up and announce that they have reviewed the resumes and they have a novice in the group and Sara needs to leave.

I feel that this episode really brought out the true side of Sara and it showed because the only dish she described was her own. I have worked in restaurants only as a server but we do all work together to serve the food. I think she is very selfish and couldn't even pretend to be on a team and that is why she will forever have a hard time working in the food industry.

I haven't read any farther ahead but I would really like to see Travis or Nicholas win. I am leaning toward Travis because he has skill but seems so relaxed that he doesn't need to be all flashy. His food does the talking and I can enjoy the rest of the episodes now that Sara is gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12