+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Top Chef New Orleans - 11/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef New Orleans - 11/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Campfires, Cream Cheese and Countryside" a creole tomato Quickfire; the chefs try to impress some other upscale chefs.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef New Orleans - 11/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

That was a tough quickfire and in the hot sun, too.

If my memory serves, we are seeing more failures this season. I was surprised to see that Sara wasn't able to cook her lamb chops correctly. That seems like such a basic task. I guess it really came down to nerves and that small kitchen. Time management was a problem for several.

Nina is amazing! I would have loved to have eaten her fried, stuffed squash blossom. It seems this is hers to lose. Justin is another strong contender for the win.

Eggplant and Cream Cheese Stuffed Squash Blossom, Arugula Emulsion and Baby Vegetables | Bravo TV Official Site

Carrie has been good but we didn't see much of her last night. I think we will when the crowd thins.

I am ready for a challenge that allows them to make whatever they want without restriction.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    "Campfires, Cream Cheese and Countryside" – a creole tomato Quickfire; the chefs try to impress some other upscale chefs.

Enjoy the show!
    I have a visceral reaction to your avatar every time I see it. Nothing to do with Andy; it is the way the pic is cropped!

That's the intent...I was an Andy fan, so I played my av like he played his game.

Yeah Nina is such a frontrunner...will she sail to the finals, or will she have to take an LCK detour like Christin? We'll see.

I was sad to se Bennie go. He said it best when he said he sabotaged his own dish, it just fell apart.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I liked Andy and Bene, too.

I liked Bene, too. Of the three in the bottom, I wish it had been Travis who was eliminated and then deposed in Last Chance Kitchen. Nina seems to like Travis, but I don't. To tell the truth, Nina has been saying some things that I've found irritating, too. However, she is a really good chef.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I liked Bene - "Bene Tomato" - as a personality but he's been underperforming throughout the competition. I think for the short time he was on, they can put together a reel of him saying "I messed up."

It looks like this season there are strong chefs and then everyone else. I think it's just a question of time before everyone is whittled away and we're left with Nina, Shirley, and Justin. I haven't seen anything impressive from Michelin Carlos or Dynamite Haircut Brian but I'd like to see what they can do, and Carrie and Nick are either great or so-so. I think Sara, Travis and Patty are on borrowed time (although Patty seems to be playing the role of Robin from Top Chef Las Vegas, who managed to squeak by deep into the competition because someone always did something a little worse that particular week), and who else is there? Oh, I think there's Louis Who.

The challenges have been fun so far this season and the quickfires seem to bring out more creativity than the elimination challenges.

No one is standing out so far for Fan Favorite for me yet, either, although I like Shirley, Nina, and Brian.

FORT Fogey

Nina is my favorite. I love her diary talks, calling Michael a douche was perfect. I can easily see her in the finals with Justin and Shirley. When she wins and opens a restaurant I will be in line opening day.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I was a bit disappointed that the production chose Philadelphia Cream Cheese instead of a local creole cream cheese, since this episode was a farm to table theme. But then, I also find it a bit ridiculous to have every dish have any kind of cream cheese in it.

Nina is clearly the frontrunner right now. I like that she doesn't have too big an ego about it.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The brand 'Philadelphia Cream Cheese' is a sponsor. It was weird, though, that that was the only dairy allowed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast