+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Top Chef New Orleans - 10/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef New Orleans - 10/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Rebuilding New Orleans" the main challenges involves Habitat for Humanity workers...and food trucks.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef New Orleans - 10/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I wasn't happy about the result. I wasn't a fan of Jason, but I thought they should have sent Patty home. She was in the bottom last week and then was in the bottom for both the QF and elimination challenges this week.
    Punkin, Kip and cubsfan55 like this.

FORT Fogey

Patty probably should have gone home, but the moment he made that nasty crack about Mrs. Chase's opinion of his food, I wanted him gone. I've eaten at her restaurant, she spoke to the group I was with, and she was a funny, charming woman who really cares about her neighborhood. Plus, she's in her nineties. She deserved his respect and didn't get it. I don't care if he wanted to disagree with her opinion, but the way he did it, even if it was in a private interview, was out of line.

And, frankly, his attitude in general got on my nerves. He seemed to think he was all that and a box of chocolates. As for Patty, I doubt she'll last much longer either, unless she really turns her game around. This appears to be a very competitive season, and she doesn't seem to have that competitive edge/passion about her.
    Punkin, NCLurker, Kip and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I wasn't happy about the result. I wasn't a fan of Jason, but I thought they should have sent Patty home. She was in the bottom last week and then was in the bottom for both the QF and elimination challenges this week.
    Their only complaint with Patty is using a lousy tomato. Jason's filling was also criticized though they focused on the limp seaweed during judging.

How cool for Carrie winning both the quick fire and the challenge. Tricky editing on the quick fire. Her green gumbo looked terrible and the facial expressions on the judges did not match how it turned out.

FORT Fogey

The only problem with Patty's dish was a lousy tomato. They didnt like the filling inside Jason's soggy wrap either. Fine with me that he left.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Carrie is my show crush this season!
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Just watched the rest of the episode. Love that Carrie won her second Elimination Challenge in a row.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Carrie is my show crush this season!
    Carrie is my favorite, too. Below is from the Bravo site.

Chef Carrie Mashaney works as the chef de cuisine at Aragona, following Jason Stratton from Spinasse. Having attended baking and pastry school in Seattle, her early culinary focus was on the sweet side but she quickly realized she loved cooking savory as well. Her style of cooking focuses on simple flavors and more traditional cooking techniques. While she has trained in Italian and most recently Spanish restaurants, she most enjoys cooking Mexican, Vietnamese, and Caribbean cuisines at home. In her free time, she participates in Crossfit and currently has a personal record of 49 double under jump ropes.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how all these myriad ingredients for the individual heritage gumbos just happened to be at the Top Chef bunkhouse. I suppose that at some point in pre-production the producers must have questioned the cheftestants about what ingredients they'd cook with if there were to be a heritage challenge. Also, I can't figure out where 18 chefs did their mise-en-place in a home kitchen & where they were able to plug in 18 crock pots. One other head-scratcher: one of the chefs (there are still too many of them to know who all of them are) said he has no idea how to make gumbo; if I were going to New Orleans to compete on Top Chef, I'd study some basics about the local cuisine because I'd expect it to figure prominently in my ability to compete.

Other than that, I'm glad Jason is off my TV set.

So glad to see "Dolf Lungren" go. He was really arrogant and I hated all the hair flipping. Ugh.

That said, I really thought the girl who was on the bottom last week would get sent home. She lives to cook another day!

The girl who won (it will take me a few more eliminations before I remember their names) while having immunity seems like a really nice person. It was great to see her do so well! The food in the mexican-themed truck looked delicious, and made the bowl of cereal I was eating at the time pretty pathetic.

I saw the chefs plugging the crockpots in outside, upstairs, on tables, etc. I guess they figured out a way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast