+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 9/25 Top Chef Masters 5 - Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

9/25 Top Chef Masters 5 - Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Who will win - Bryan Voltaggio, Douglas Keane, or Jennifer Jennifer Jasinski?

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/25 Top Chef Masters 5 - Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Can I just say that I was actually laughing out loud at that opening scene with the chefs crammed like sardines into the backseat of that car!? I hope they weren't looking for a product placement highlighting their spacious seating!!

FORT Fogey

I couldn't watch. Who won?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Can I just say that I was actually laughing out loud at that opening scene with the chefs crammed like sardines into the backseat of that car!? I hope they weren't looking for a product placement highlighting their spacious seating!!
    Me, too! And why was Bryan the one in the middle? He's the tallest!

And Doug won. (I was rooting for Bryan, but I like Doug, too.)
    Florimel likes this.

To the Point

I was also rooting for Bryan, but I was fine with Doug winning. I was amazed earlier in the season when Doug revealed that he had surgery for a brain tumor. I would never have guessed.

I absolutely LOVED this show this season. It was just a whole lot of fun. Any drama was left at the door and everyone just seemed to respect and appreciate each other. They all seemed to genuinely enjoy the experience which made it much easier for me to just enjoy the experience of watching. They weren't boring as there was plenty of interaction and personality. More shows need to learn how this is done!
    Kip and FireWoman like this.

This was a great season. I was worried for the Masters franchise after season 3, but it seems to be golden again.

I had a feeling Douglas had this in a bag as I was listening to his stories behind each dish -- they just seemed to resonate more, and the dishes really reflected the stories. Plus the critics at the dinner didn't seem to have any negative (or even hesitant) comments about his food.

I'm happy for Bryan, since he got most/all of the fan-voted money prizes, so he did okay for his charity as well. And Jennifer is great. Good season!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

From the judges' comments, I thought Bryan would win, so was surprised when Douglas' name was called. Then I reflected that they thought his "mentor" dish was too heavy with the meat and they all gushed over Douglas' remade gray dessert.

This was an educational season for me. To be able to watch closely at how the two levels in a restaurant think and plan and cook was eye opening. I loved it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was hoping for a Bryan win but am fine with the outcome. All three of these chefs are awesome. My family and I enjoyed the season.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I just finished watching. What a GREAT season! I thought the "punishment" for the losing sous chef's chef of not having his help at all the first day was a bit too harsh - I thought the sous chef ought to have been able to help for an hour. But, Doug pulled it out regardless. And, as he told the judges, not having his sous chef made him really focus.

Bravo to three finalist chefs! They all did an amazing job.

Oh, and I loved Doug jumping out of the airplane at the end.
    Arielflies and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Loved Doug's story about cooking at Johnny's Big Red Grill - didn't realize he was a Cornell grad!! That place was awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast