+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JenCos
  • 1 Post By Kip
  • 2 Post By sweetpea

Thread: 9/18 Top Chef Masters 5 - Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

9/18 Top Chef Masters 5 - Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

"Teacher Tribute" - the chefs make burgers for a surprise judge, and then create special meals for teachers.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/18 Top Chef Masters 5 - Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I actually popped in as usual in hopes of a spoiler. I like knowing who gets eliminated before I watch shows But I'm now returning with results for others who may be checking as I did. It was such a tough call for the judges tonight in order to come up with the top 3. All four had wonderful dishes, but the two that really stood out were those by Bryan and Douglas with Bryan winning for his charity. Jennifer and David also had delicious dishes with only very slight flaws. It was so difficult for the judges to decide whose dish was slightly better. In the end it came down to Jennifer's lamb being too rare for some (James said too rare for himbut Gail liking it that way) yet having wonderful flavors in the rest of the dish and David's souffle losing it's proper texture (once again for James, but still retaining the wonderful taste) due to the wait and cold air when hitting the dining room, yet judges found his doing a souffle wonderful for the theme and ambitious considering there were 60+ diners to be served at the same time. I have to say for me I would not have been able to eat the overly rare lamb...the one meat I don't like so rare. In the end it was David who went home and Jennifer joined Bryan and Douglas in the top 3.

Inspiring show tonight.
    Last edited by JenCos; 09-19-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Kip likes this.

I missed it :-( (My son got called into a meeting at work, and then I got all discombobulated. And for some reason, the DVR didn't grab the show, so I never realized that it was on.)

But I've already watched the last battle of the sous chefs, so I knew who won. Now to find the show online...

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

For some reason my DVR also did not record it. I'll have to look for it on demand or online.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    For some reason my DVR also did not record it. I'll have to look for it on demand or online.
    Arielflies, I went looking online, but it wasn't available. So I figured I'd search and find another time when it was being shown (because I know it's repeated during the week at some point)...

And it was there. I don't know when it recorded, but I watched it earlier.

Silly DVR ;-)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was glad that Bryan finally won some money for his charity. Douglas was very charming with his giving a rose to the young pupil and the rest of the bouquet to the teacher. Oh, and very amusing watching the chefs watch Sang judge their burgers.
    Hyper likes this.

I'm satisfied with the final 3, and was really happy to see Bryan finally win a challenge and some money for his charity. I think he and Douglas will duke it out for the win, although Jennifer has won quite a few challenges so you never know. I'll be cheering for Bryan.
    Florimel and cubsfan55 like this.

+ Reply to Thread