+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 2/27 Finale Pt 2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Top Chef Seattle 2/27 Finale Pt 2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

My dad had an interesting experience traveling to Sweden, the country of his grandparents. On a ferry ride to a section along the coast, he said that people would come up to him asking him if he lived there. Then he looked around and saw many who had the same characteristics facially and physically that he did. Racial identity can be sought after or come as a surprise.
    NCLurker likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kristen was a just winner. She was my favorite because, from things she had said, her head/mindset was in right place; she seemed to get there when she went to Last Chance Kitchen; I remember her saying she would keep things simple. I knew, right then, that she was onto something. Rotten Josie actually did her a favor!
    Florimel, ness, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I would have been happy if either Brook or Kristen won...both were excellent chefs.
    Kristen surprised and somewhat disappointed me when she said she needed to go to Korea, just to see other people who looked like her....( maybe she lives somewhere that have few Koreans....unlike where I live.)
    Then I watched how loving and caring her father was at the end of the show. She obviously had a wonderful family.
    I hope someday she learns that it's more important how people act/behave and not what people look like but she's very young.
    I'm sure some people will definitely disagree with me but I guess I just didn't understand her feelings about that.
    Not to mention the fact that very few people will ever look like her............she is totally drop-dead gorgeous and that's not common, no matter what your ethnicity is.
    I took that to mean meet her biological family.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Am I misremembering, or wasn't she left at the hospital right after her mother gave birth? If I'm remembering correctly, finding family may be difficult.....but isn't it interesting how family will come out of the woodwork when you become famous?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

My partner is 2nd generation US with family in Norway...until a cousin passed away and the family reconnected somewhat, with an eerie picture of that cousin looking SO much like her brothers it was hard to wrap their brains around family that far away despite visiting Norway as a teen. I think Kristin will have a completely new experience as an adult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234