+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 2/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Top Chef Seattle 2/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

"Glacial Gourmand" Another frontier quickfire (remember last year in Canada?). Emeril and a guest set the standard for the elimination challenge.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Seattle 2/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I really can't stand how Top Chef becomes Top Campfire Cook every year, making the chefs battle the elements of the outdoors to show their culinary chops~ but DAAAAAANG if Tom isn't hot, hot, HOT standing outside on a snowy mountaintop, sportin' those dark shades. Call me crazy and laugh at me all you want, but I lovvvvves me some Tom Colicchio.
    dzigner and ness like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Top Chef is now officially everywhere. Michael Votaggio was on Suburgatory tonight as a crazy, knife wielding chef.

ITA about the Campfire Cookout aspect. Just give them a normal kitchen, especially in the finale!
    cubsfan55 likes this.

The Final 3 chefs are eating a dinner prepared by Emeril and Roy Choi. It liked hearing Roy talk about what a street thug he was at 23- 25-years old, when BAM! He's laying there in bed and Emeril is on TV cooking braised short ribs. It was that moment Roy knew he wanted to cook. Emeril was stunned to realize what a positive influence he made on this guy's life. Very cool.

And now, the Final 3 chefs must each prepare a meal based on the moment they realized they wanted to be a chef.
    dzigner, ness and Dragonlady like this.

Josh's wife calls to say she is on her way to the hospital to deliver their baby girl. Obviously, he's filled with emotions.

After being in the kitchen all day, he gets a call in the middle of the night from his wife. She's sobbing how much she wants him there with her.
    (Sorry. She's in labor. I get it. Call me a cad, but that wasn't cool on her part.)

The next morning, his wife is on Skype with baby Georgia (pouting just like her mama) and all is good in the Universe.
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 02-14-2013 at 12:09 AM.

The meals will be served to the governor of Alaska and his wife, Roy Choi, Wolfgang Puck, Emeril, and the rest of the usual judges.

Sheldon is making fish and prawns, Chinese style(?). He serves first. The judges say good things, but the broth is too salty. This is a surprise.

Brooke is next. She made chicken (like her mother used to make) and quail (showing the transformation she's gone through). Overall good reviews except for Wolfgang saying his quail is overcooked. Roy starts singing her praises and talking about her street cred.

Josh is last, but first is asked to announce the news of his new daughter.
    He made foie gras three ways. (Eeesh.) Good flavors, Emeril likes his cornbread, but there are some technical mistakes.
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 02-14-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Judges' Table. Seriously boring.

Brooke is the unanimous winner of this challenge and moves on to the finale.

Finally, the one told to, "Pack your knives and leave" is -- Josh. S'long, 'Stacheroo!

Sheldon moves on to the finale with Brooke. And I'm good with that.
    Florimel and dzigner like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So what happens to those left in LCK? Three person finale?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So what happens to those left in LCK? Three person finale?
    I THINK that's how it'll go down.

Three, then two, then . . .

THE WINNAH!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who knows differently, please correct me, if need be!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Hmmm . . .

I was holding my breath about Sheldon's salty sauce. LOVE foie gras, but 'Stache shot himself in the foot trying to do that FG dish that takes at least a day to make. Don't remember now which judge it was that said it, off the top of my head, but I agree that what he was trying to do was impress them that he could do something else in a kitchen besides sling bacon around.

And that came back to bite him in the rear when he tried to pull a Superchef.

Like cubsfan and PhoneGrrrl, I, too, am beyond tired of the gimmicky "Cook for Your Life in the Frozen Tundra!" (or wherever) finales. JMHO, they've tried to add a twist to keep us tuned in. Whoopee. You've done that. Now put 'em back in a regular kitchen and let 'em go at it like real men and women in real kitchens, and quit insulting their skills and our intelligence.

We don't need or want any more of the gimmicks.

Let 'em do what you got 'em there to do in the FIRST place, please, in the setting that they'll most likely be doing it in, please. 'Cause chances are more than pretty good that they won't ever have to cook in a silly, contrived circumstance like this ever again in their careers.

Just sayin'.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast