+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 2/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Top Chef Seattle 2/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

So on the previous episode ostensibly Lizzie was eliminated for not tasting her food and this episode Sheldon admits to same but gets a pass to go to the finale. How fantastically asinine. Good grief, TPTB aren't even trying to hide that it was predetermined Sheldon was to make it to the finale. It's rubbish. I'm just glad TAR starts tonight.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So I guess I should be glad I'm not watching this rigged s***?
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 02-17-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Changed mind on how to form sentence

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm pulling for Brooke, the no drama mama. I hope she can pull off a delicious and well plated finale.
    Shoepie and JohnnyK like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Based on that, I agree.

Brooke is the only winner I can really root for at this point. The others just don't seem all that worthy.

Sheldon and Josh are one-note chefs. They each should have gone on Next Food Network Star to pitch shows for Island/Bacon cuisines.

Click to see Spoiler:
    And Lizzie is just too inconsistent.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've been Team Kristen for a while now. I'll root for Brook, who I love, only if Kristen doesn't make it back from LCK.
    Shoepie and TripleGemini like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I think most of us would be happy to see Brook win....or Kristen, is that is possible. Unfortunately, it appears that TPTB want Sheldon so he'll win.
    Even though he always cooks everything with an Asian flair. I think Top Chef should have more variety than a single style.

If (when) Sheldon wins then will the rigging accusations be proven true?

I think Sheldon is great--so what if he specializes in a certain type of food--most chefs concentrate on their speciality or training and without folks w/ different talents it sure would be a boring culinary world.

One could argue that Brooke and Kristen focus on their classical training and simply do more recognizable dishes with a modern flair (I mean, I can cook chicken and quail with veggies but I couldn't even begin most of Sheldon's dishes). Plus, when one argues that a chef specializing in asian food is only one note it seems incredibly american-centric as there is an amazing amount of variety in 'asian dishes' and a very large part of the global population would probably find that sentiment a bit insulting and ignorant.

BTW--I totally agree with the posters about serious lapses in judging, thought (see some of my past posts). BUT, in this case I think Lizzie was eliminated because tptb wanted the clips of the wife and the drama of josh giving up the birth of his first child for Top Chef, because from the comments (especially the salmon bake non-judges) her food was far better than Josh's in the last elimination (so it was not about "tasting the complete dish").
    Last edited by mindy384; 02-19-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    Cootie likes this.

There's absolutely nothing wrong w/a chef who specializes in a certain type of food.....but this is a contest to see who's the best. I would think the winner would be proficient in many types of food....which would separate and elevate themselves from other chefs who only do one style. But that's just my way of thinking about choosing a winner.

There was a time when I really got interested in Asian cooking and became pretty darn good at it. It's not as complex as it appears but that's true of a lot of styles of cooking and I think that there's a large amount of variety in all ethnic foods.

And I don't think any of us here who've mentioned Sheldon's one style of cooking are being American-Centric...rather just thinking a great chef should have variety in his presentations.

Guess I want to believe that TPTB are looking for someone who excels in more ways than the others......But I am beginning to believe that they aren't doing that at all....but already have their favorite picked out who will win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123