+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 2/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Top Chef Seattle 2/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I kind of wonder if it came down to Josh and Lizzie and TPTB weighed in for drama sake and told the judges to let Lizzie go since we will inevitably get some dramatic scenes with Josh being in Alaska while his child is born...it sounded like everyone (particularly the crowd) liked Lizzie's dish and in the past simple but delicious worked over complicated and bland. I think this one might have been a producer elimination....

FORT Fogey

I was expecting Sheldon to go. His track record was just too good, I guess. Chum seemed a grander mistake than a slider with perfect bread.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

I have to say that I snickered when Tom mentioned that the bears were fans of his.
    Shoepie and MFWalkoff like this.

I'm pulling for Brooke. I like what she produces and that she often takes a chance.
    I think Sheldon is more of a one-note chef...almost all have an asian flair and I think Brook is more varied.
    And Mr. Mustache needs to let go of the Bacon...I love it also but it just can't be in everything.
    Shoepie likes this.

I'd love to see Kristin win and am praying that happens. However, a victory by Brooke wouldn't bother me in the least. She's done a remarkable job!!! I'm not at all impressed by Mr. Mustache or Sheldon and am surprised they made it as far as they did, to be quite honest.
    TripleGemini likes this.

This episode made my mouth water. The scenery and the food just really, really put me right there in Alaska with them and I wanted to taste everything they made! Instead, I spent the hour eating soup (2 kinds: tomato, then New England clam chowder).

Brooke (or Kristin) for the win!!!

No way Lizzie should have been eliminated. That's B.S. Even Padma said it was a salmon and bread challenge and Sheldon messed up both. Not only that but he chose dog food to serve. The guest judge said the salmon was "very, very bitter" and so did Tom. Tom also said the soup was too thick and Hugh said it was baby food. Lizzie had the perfect bread but lacked a little salt and she got sent packing? That made no sense whatsoever.
    Shoepie and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm pulling for Brooke. I like what she produces and that she often takes a chance.
    I think Sheldon is more of a one-note chef...almost all have an asian flair and I think Brook is more varied.
    And Mr. Mustache needs to let go of the Bacon...I love it also but it just can't be in everything.
    I am rooting for Brooke, as well.

rfromp, I agree. Sheldon should have been eliminated for the reasons you stated.
    rfromp likes this.

ITA with you rfromp. Even just looking at Lizzie's bread you could see the great crust on it and the wonderful texture. The fish is harder to judge by just looking, but it looked well cooked and the judges said it was perfectly cooked sooo.... Bread and fish challenge. How does Lizzie lose when she had good bread and good fish and Sheldon didn't?
    rfromp likes this.

Much like Top Chef Masters, Top Chef is quickly losing it's credibility. First with the Kristen elimination and now Lizzie's. Top Chef, or should I say Bravo TV, is hell bent on giving Sheldon the title just because of his story much like Masters gave the win to Marcus Samuelson in it's season two. I watch Masters but I don't even bother to really take it seriously and now Top Chef is going that route which is a major disappointment.
    Duckyface likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast