+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 1/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Top Chef Seattle 1/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Had to divert my attention for a while, so I missed some of the cooking segments.

Brooke is the winner, and Sheldon and Stefan are in the bottom two. Josh and Lizzie are safe.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Awww...Stefan is out. Time for Last Chance Kitchen...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I loved the playfulness of Qzine (sp) restaurant on the ship. The chandeliers are clustered upside down table lamps and the food is served with imagination such as appetizers in cubes arranged inside a cutout block with dividers. For their challenge of surf and turf, the contestants had to re-imagine both the concept and the plating. They were all playful with the plating, but only Brooke was playful with the theme using frogs' legs for turf. The Celebrity Cruise head chef commented that he didn't even know they had frogs' legs on-board. This was a good win for her. Bacon Josh stayed true to his moniker, but it was a mistake that saved him. He tried to make a pasta out of scallops, but couldn't get them to firm up so threw in some egg whites and scrambled them. They were a hit with the judges. German Stefan went back to his roots again and charred the skin on his beef trying to make a crackle, but it turned hard and almost broke teeth. Tom was first to take a bite and scared everyone at the table with the loud crunching taking place in his mouth. For that (along with previous mishaps, I'm sure) he was sent off to duel Kristen.
    Florimel likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FINALLY saw this!

I like a crispy crackle, too.

But if you can hear somebody crunching clear across the table (and wonder if they've broken a tooth!), that kind of might be a SLIGHT indicator that your crackle has gone just a teensy bit PAST crispy. It's all well and good to remember your roots and know what YOU like to eat, etc. But you've GOT to remember, too, that EVERYONE you serve hasn't eaten everything you've eaten.

So, what's good for a cooking goose may possibly NOT be good for an eating gander.

Shame on Stefan. That crackle and his past sins (or mishaps, Ariel!) did him in.

Good riddance!
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Does anyone read the judges' blogs at Bravo? I just read Hugh Acheson's blog....I have really come to love that guy. Didn't get his sense of humor the first I saw him...maybe Top Chef Masters???
    and it appears like he's cleaned up the Mono-brow a little bit.
    I really like him now.

To the Point

Dragonlady, thanks for the heads-up on the blogs. They are more interesting that much of the show.

I'm a big fan of Stefan but I concede he blew this season on Top Chef. He was altogether too complacent and was not showing the creativity and skill he demonstrated during his first season. I'm sorry he's gone - I think he's highly entertaining - but he wasn't on track to be the top chef this season.

I hope Kristen or CJ or both can come back. Of the 4 that are still in, I hope Sheldon & Brooke get to the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco View Post
    I'm sorry he's gone - I think he's highly entertaining
    I loved his talking heads. Cheeky man, he just cracked me up. But yes, he didn't really seem invested in winning, more likely he was there to have fun.
    Valar Morghulis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12