+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 1/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Top Chef Seattle 1/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Project Runway has its Grocery Store challenge. DWTS has Classical Night. RuPaul's Drag Race has Snatch Game. And with Top Chef, it's...

Restaurant Wars!

It's the girls on Team Kristen vs. the boys on Team Sheldon (picked last week). But no matter what happens, you know Josie will find a way to survive. Because of course she will. I'm expecting no less than a Broadway musical from her presentation this week, complete with costumes, choreography, and an exclamation point at the end of her dish's name. Salad! Sigh...

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef Seattle 1/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Anyone watching out there? I'm looking forward to seeing this show in a few hours, but love to be spoiled

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

ARRGGHHH!!!!! My DVR cut off the last 15 minutes!!!!! Kristen is gone?!?! WTF?!?!?! Did Josie bribe someone?

I call bull****. But it was Kristen's fault for not saying anything.

Boys won, Sheldon got the car. Kristen and Josie were the bottom two, Kristen headed to LCK. Josie was just nasty...she didn't finish her prep in time, she didn't test the equipment, she blamed Kristen. And Kristen took the responsibility and left.

I give up.

Kristen's restaurant lost, and it was down to her & Josie as bottom 2. Josie talked smack and completely threw Kristen under the bus, and then drove over her a few extra times for good measure. Kristen took some dumb high road and bit her lip the whole time, and just kept taking responsibility for everything. And, as a result, Kristen packed her knives, and Josie, who has no chance in hell of winning this season, stays another week to do mediocre food and talk her way out of the hole.

Now Kristen's only hope is LCK. And I really like the current LCK champ, so this is going to be doubly bad for me (check the LCK thread for details).

I'm so angry right now...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

So sad Kristen is gone

Well, at least I don't have to watch the rest of the season. TC has become a joke; letting mediocre chef ride coattails to the end. Do they really want another Hosea at the end!?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Kristen called in to Watch What Happens Live and Padma straight up said that her food was better than Josie's, but she had to judge on the basis of Kristen being the executive chef. I can see that, in a respect, and I didn't see the final discussions (i.e. Kristen's taking the high road). I just don't get why Kristen didn't ride Josie's ass on the bouillabaisse. I know only about 10% on how to make it, but the one thing I know is that it does take time. It's a soup...they all (mostly) take time. Ugh, I'm also angry now.

FORT Fogey

What really stinks is that Kristen did the honorable thing--she took responsibility for the restaurant as executive chef--and got the axe, because she wasn't willing to play Josie's game and blame someone else. And really, did the judges think anyone was going to be able to make Josie do anything she didn't feel like doing? It should be apparent to everyone at this point that Josie cannot manage her time and does not work well with others. In fact, I thought she should have gone home last week--and if she had, Kristen's team probably would have been better off.

I don't understand why some of the other team members, who clearly felt Josie was more at fault, didn't speak up when Kristen didn't, unless they just felt they had a better chance against Josie, which they certainly do. I didn't like her on her first season, didn't see the initial point in bringing her back, and really hate that they brought her back now. Kristen had a real shot at winning the whole thing, and there's only been one female winner since Top Chef started. Josie has no shot at winning and, again, everyone knows that. How often has she been bottom two and slid by? At what point do they stop letting her slide?

That was one uncomfortable stew room once Kristen left. Naturally, the only one talking was Josie, and it was plain no one was wanting to hear it. But at least she didn't have any reason to employ that incredibly obnoxious laugh of hers.

I would add, however, that I do think Sheldon seems like a nice guy and he kept his cool when things weren't going exactly right. I have no problem with him winning. I just have a huge problem with Josie being allowed to stay over Kristen.

FORT Fogey

Kristin and her stupid stance of taking the high road irritated me beyond reason. Stick up for yourself and tell them what happened. Josie, AGAIN, failed with her timing. Had she made the broth when Kristen told her (the day before) there would have been time to do it properly with gelatin. Why didn't Kristen mention this?! I know why. There is an Asian sensibility that we just don't understand in this country. She would have felt dishonor had she not fallen on her sword. The judges saw that and ultimately agreed that you have to have more starch to be a successful chef and restaurant owner.

Kirstin is the one who should have been eliminated given her attitude and stance. Wrong move though. Josie was totally at fault.

It is possible that she can beat CJ in LCK but I am not sure I want that. I like CJ and Kristin made a huge mistake not sticking up for herself. I see her position as weaknwaa, not loaded with integrity. Just like I see people calling me ma'am as rude and demeaning though some think it is a word of respect. That is just ignorance about our current culture but Kristin really disappointed me. If you cannot stick up for yourself, no one will and you will not get far in this country.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Kirstin is the one who should have been eliminated given her attitude and stance. Wrong move though. Josie was totally at fault.
    If you cannot stick up for yourself, no one will and you will not get far in this country.
    Sorry, I thought the show was about food, not about who is best at BS, being loud, and best at getting out of tight spot while being a mediocre cook.

I can't agree in this particular instance because Jossie has been in the bottom many times and Kristen has been lauded many time. So the restaurant thing fell though, let's just sent the best chef home and keep the awful one!? If that's the case just change the rules and make it "Top restaurateur" or something else

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast