+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 1/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

To the Point

Re: Top Chef Seattle 1/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by obsession57 View Post
    Don't forget that in general, the judges did not like the two dishes that Kristen prepared, they pointed out many flaws. Overall, her performance was probably worse that Josie's when it came to the actual food. The judges like the broth for the soup that Josie made.
    The following post was posted prior to this comment, so based on the following the above was not actually true. Editing, editing....

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Kristen called in to Watch What Happens Live and Padma straight up said that her food was better than Josie's, but she had to judge on the basis of Kristen being the executive chef. I can see that, in a respect, and I didn't see the final discussions (i.e. Kristen's taking the high road). I just don't get why Kristen didn't ride Josie's ass on the bouillabaisse. I know only about 10% on how to make it, but the one thing I know is that it does take time. It's a soup...they all (mostly) take time. Ugh, I'm also angry now.
    Josie should have gone. She is just vile. I truly think she planned to cause issues. It just seemed to me that she was very intentional in her decisions regarding how she was using her time.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    Good point. With the judges you never know.
    ^ Exactly. Which is why I don't think that Kristen would have gotten the same result if she had spoken up. CJ decided to make a burger because he second-guessed Tom's thinking about highlighting pickles as an ingredient. And when he got to judges table for it, Tom gave him the opposite argument than he thought he would. And he was eliminated.

The one thing Josie does right (it's certainly not food-related) is sizing up the situation at judges' table when she's on the hot seat, and tailoring her answers accordingly. She was even more obvious about it than usual this time, which is why I'm so shocked that the judges didn't press harder for the truth. It's just tragic all around.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I saw Padma as being the judge who was strongly pushing the elimination of Kristin. Granted, we saw a heavily edited verision of the judging but I believe Tom was grasping for anything he could, to hang his hat on, in order to keep Kristin. This ouster made me sick.
    Shoepie, cubsfan55 and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fan

LOL @ the Broadway musical.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFaninNJ View Post
    LOL @ the Broadway musical.
    Thanks. I just wish I hadn't been so right.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    So sad Kristen is gone

Well, at least I don't have to watch the rest of the season. TC has become a joke; letting mediocre chef ride coattails to the end. Do they really want another Hosea at the end!?

Yes, Hosea was mediocre at best...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Kristen called in to Watch What Happens Live and Padma straight up said that her food was better than Josie's, but she had to judge on the basis of Kristen being the executive chef. I can see that, in a respect, and I didn't see the final discussions (i.e. Kristen's taking the high road). I just don't get why Kristen didn't ride Josie's ass on the bouillabaisse. I know only about 10% on how to make it, but the one thing I know is that it does take time. It's a soup...they all (mostly) take time. Ugh, I'm also angry now.

Padma neglected to add, that Kristen had to go just like the executive chefs in seasons past. One such chef that comes to mind is Tre Wilcox in his first season on the show, when he was actually a contender and expected to go far... There were a number of occasions when the same happened, so I expect it now and so should the chefs.

Looks like one more "reality" show I can drop from my watch list. Kristen has been at the top for so long and Josie at the bottom, but they send Kristen home? I wish Kristen had been willing to sink to Josie's level this once and raked her over the coals. This is not good, dramatic tv as the misguided judges seem to think. Watching Josie isn't even close to be mildly entertaining. Bye bye, Top Chef.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    And while it's ultimately Kristen's fault that she went home, I couldn't believe that neither Lizzie nor Brooke spoke up. They knew that Josie had undermined the bouillabaisse, and yet they said nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Personally, I wondered why none of the judges asked the other two team members, whom they kept standing there, any questions.
    Amen. My two immediate thoughts exactly.

It's bad enough the #1 talent on the show is now gone.
    But the thought of listening to Josie for yet another episode is enough for me to say, "Ciao."
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if the other two didn't speak up because they knew Kristen was tougher competition and a chance for her to be eliminated would help them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast