+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 1/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Top Chef Seattle 1/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

"Battle Before the War" Another huge catering event. This time they have to cook for 200.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Re: Top Chef Seattle 1/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Wow, there seem to be a lot of folks in the bottom.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The birthday curse is overcome!

Why, why, WHY did they spare Josie again? She's like Josh in PR All-Stars. They just can't let go of a character for the sake of TV. Ugh.

I don't get it. I really don't get it. Josie's overcooked pork was worse than Micah's raw food? And she did horrid when it came to plating again.

What exactly will it take to get rid of her? She should have been gone long before now.

OTOH, it was nice to see Kristen win again :-)
    Florimel, dzigner and cubsfan55 like this.

So this was a pre-game event to Restaurant Wars, which will happen next week. Kristin & Sheldon won, and picked their teams for next week.

The teams ended up being guys against girls, but Sheldon will be a man down since he picked Micah, and the selection happened before the elimination.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Once again the previews don't look good for Josie...how will she squeak by again? Between her service (lack thereof) and tough meat, it should have been her. I guess Micah just piled too much on the plate and none of the judges liked his concept.

The war looks like it is going to be formal vs. casual...classic vs. asian fusion. And Josie will be on the formal team. I will either laugh or scream at the TV. Poor Kristen. Did you notice she frowned when Sheldon chose Stephan. She should have thought of that when she chose Josie. One of the criteria is that as executive chefs they will have to be able to train their sous chefs to their style. Kristen's goose is cooked next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If I were to speculate, I'd say Kristen is going home next week; even if it is Josie who does poorly, it's still almost always the executive chef who ends up going home. In the case of Micah, I feel like it's going to be addition by subtraction, mostly because I don't think I've been impressed by anything he's done so far this season, not even that one time he was highlighted in the top.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Well, the previews for next week don't bode well for Stefan but I hope & pray that's just the edit. I have a soft spot for Stefan. I think he really should win but he's been underperforming throughout this second chance and he's got to get over Being Stefan and focus on creating and cooking phenomenal food. That's what did him in first time around and if he's not careful it will do him in this time, too.

I think the strongest remaining cheftestants are Kristen & Brooke. I think Lizzie's concepts are terrific but she's got to execute better. Josh hasn't impressed me at all. Sheldon hasn't really made much of an impression on me either, come to think of it. I don't understand how Josie is still in this competition.

I hope CJ makes it all the way back to the finale. I thought he should have won his season, too.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Once again the previews don't look good for Josie...how will she squeak by again? Between her service (lack thereof) and tough meat, it should have been her. I guess Micah just piled too much on the plate and none of the judges liked his concept.

The war looks like it is going to be formal vs. casual...classic vs. asian fusion. And Josie will be on the formal team. I will either laugh or scream at the TV. Poor Kristen. Did you notice she frowned when Sheldon chose Stephan. She should have thought of that when she chose Josie. One of the criteria is that as executive chefs they will have to be able to train their sous chefs to their style. Kristen's goose is cooked next week.
    Sheldon chose Stephan second and Kristin was kicking herself for choosing Lizzy instead of him.

I love Kristin's concept, Contemporary French a bit on the formal side. Rustic or home cooking is easy to find and prepare.

I have a hunch Josie is going to leave next week. Her defense, "not my concept or my food" will not sit well with the judges. A good chef should be able to adapt.

I am rooting for Brooke, Kristin or Stephan for the win. I like them all.

Usually I can tell who is going home but I was stumped this week. I was leaning toward Josie. I get it why Michah failed. In a sushi restaurant I like you are only allowed to order two at a time. It is freshly cut and delivered to your table immediately after preparation. He sliced his fish the previous day, for starters. And who wants a plate of raw fish?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast