+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PhoneGrrrl
  • 1 Post By rfromp
  • 1 Post By Maybaybie

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 12/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Top Chef Seattle 12/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

"Foiled Again" - everything is wrapped in aluminum foil in the pantry for the (Product Placement) Quickfire.

In the Elimination, the chefs are paired off to compete head-to-head.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef Seattle 12/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

It was good tonight...and Josie skated through again. (And she's looking especially nasty next week, too.)

Kristen won both the Quick Fire and the Elimination Challenge tonight. Girl's on a roll :-) (She made a cake for the Quick Fire, and all they could use for their cooking and baking was foil.)

There was a lot of creativity when it came to the foil, such as soup. It was very impressive.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm not really into this season, but I like Kristen and I'm glad she won both challenges. I missed the episode where the previous contestants were brought back and I'm kind of irritated that they did. It adds nothing but stupid drama to the show. For instance, I liked Josie in her season. Now I want to duct tape her mouth.

For the most part, I'm getting the judging. But I don't know why they keep giving John a free pass. I'm certain that Danyele's plate was horrible as it looked and sounded horrible, but I had a visceral reaction to too much chorizo...not too long ago I had a tapas plate of a stuffed portobello mushroom with chorizo and the greasy texture just killed me. I can't imagine that soup wasn't also greasy and grainy.
    Florimel likes this.

I thought Josie was going home but it seems there was no definitive "worst dish." Any one of the six could have been sent packing.

What was that kiss on the cheek Stefan gave Kristen? Seems like he's driving a bit too hard to the hoop.
    dzigner likes this.

Those berries looked really good. I've never had (or even heard of!) a tayberry- (I guess we don't have them here in Maine). I thought a lot of the dishes were very creative, but I can't imagine eating a nice blueberry soup and thinking, "hmmm....this is missing something...oh yeah! It totally needs some salmon!" Yuck...I can't even fathom a fruit soup with chunks of salmon in it. Maybe it's good, but it sounds utterly disgusting!
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    I thought Josie was going home but it seems there was no definitive "worst dish." Any one of the six could have been sent packing.

What was that kiss on the cheek Stefan gave Kristen? Seems like he's driving a bit too hard to the hoop.
    We saw him lying on the couch with his head on her hip and her hand was around him too. I think there is a crush going on. I get that they would be attracted to each other. Their personalities could not be more different. AND she is beautiful and skilled.

Kristen is really coming into her own and placing a huge target on her back. I'm glad we got to see some of her back story this episode. While I'll miss Danyele, it was her time - but good for her in placing in the top half of the Quick Fire. When is it going to be Josie's time? Wow, they really highlighted her annoying the others this episode. Is this her second or third time in the bottom?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I liked Danyele but she was just so young. I'm sure she has a very bright career ahead of her. I suppose my new favorite is Lizzie, although I like Bart as well.

Stefan is less terrible this season but I absolutely cannot stand Josie.

+ Reply to Thread