+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle: Last Chance Kitchen/Save A Chef (BravoTV.com) *Spoilers*

Top Chef Seattle: Last Chance Kitchen/Save A Chef (BravoTV.com) *Spoilers*

It's back! Once again, eliminated chefs are given the chance to work their way back into the competition before the semi-finals.

This thread is for discussion of the Last Chance Kitchen mini-episodes that air on BravoTV.com after each week's new episode of Top Chef. In each round, the eliminated chef goes up against the current Last Chance Kitchen champion for a chance to re-enter the main competition later this season. The episodes are posted to the Bravo site at 11PM ET, immediately after a new episode airs on the East coast.

Last Chance Kitchen | Bravo TV Official Site

There's also a new twist called Save A Chef, where we get to tweet-vote to give our favorite chefs another chance too:
    Oh, and there's another twist this year: We're introducing Save A Chef, where fans get to vote for their favorite chefs who didn't make the cut in LCK. Each week, one Save a Chef contestant will move on, and in the end whoever had the biggest fan support will cook in the final episode of Last Chance Kitchen.

Come to BravoTV.com every Wed. at 11pm ET after Top Chef to watch LCK, and then the launch of Save a Chef on Thursdays at Noon ET, when you can also watch #LCK alongside TC alum Chris Crary on Twitter. Get ready to vote!
    In the first installment of LCK, all 4 previously eliminated chefs (Carla, Chrissy, Komiko and Jeffrey) go head to head and recreate (and hopefully improve upon) the dishes that got them eliminated.

p.s. There is no need for spoiler tags in this thread -- go ahead and talk about what you've seen.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Seattle: Last Chance Kitchen/Save A Chef (BravoTV.com) *Spoilers*

I'm happy it's back. I also like that the episodes aren't that long to watch, it may not keep my interest otherwise!

I liked that Komiko is moving on. After her win in the first episode showing such promise it was sad to see her go so early. She has a long road to go though.

Poor Carla, this is why it appears her squab was just not good. No compliments at all from Tom, just the opposite. It did seem like an ingredient that would take longer than the others, but I'm not a chef so I don't really have a clue if that's correct or not. I don't even like cooking and am a fussy eater so it is a mystery then why I love to watch other people cooking

I think Carla's issue was that she's been cooking in her own bubble all her life, and her way of cooking didn't lend itself well to the time constraints and pressure of the competition. Some people are great chefs in their own kitchens, but they don't do as well with a clock running when they have to conceive the dish from scratch.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Did I hear Jeffrey say that Kuniko was a one-star Michelin chef? Isn't that really rare (comparatively speaking)?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Did I hear Jeffrey say that Kuniko was a one-star Michelin chef? Isn't that really rare (comparatively speaking)?
    I don't believe chefs get the stars, the restaurants that they work in do.

Anyone else have a tough time watching it online. I have tried 3 times so far. First I get an ad (nothing unusual there), then I get the intro from Tom, then another ad. Then the section explaining what Last Chance Kitchen is, then there is another ad with a little talking in the background that sounds like Jeffrey explaining for a couple seconds that he was first out. Then it comes back up but nothing happens.

First off 3 ads within the first 2 minutes. It's only a 11 minute clip, I never thought I would see something with MORE ads then Bravo, now I have. And yet I can't actually watch the clip.

Added: Finally watched it, but it took 3 more times to finally watch it. They need to stop with the ads that aren't part of the actual clip.
    Last edited by marauder; 12-03-2012 at 02:15 PM.

I don't watch it online, but rather On Demand. It does take several days longer to become available On Demand than the actual show does, but I just waited because I could fast forward through any commercials. I was delighted by Kuniko's win.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Interesting...the team that got kicked off had to work as a team in LCK.

It will be interesting to see how long that lasts.

Interesting -- they posted the new LCK video before the new episode was over. They spoiled the show result! Maybe only by about 10 minutes, but still...

CJ can never catch a break -- he's like the Ralph Kramden of Top Chef. I think the producers enjoy his comic sensibilities so much that they like to put him in these situations.

Tyler has just been a mess all season. Luckily for CJ, Tyler just went with the flow this time, and they pulled it off. It's odd that they stay as a team while Komiko goes, but I guess the show really wants to give as many chefs as many opportunities as possible to re-enter the game. (But I think they've already gone overboard in that respect)

A little under 9 hours left to vote to Save-A-Chef, between Jeffrey, Carla and Chrissy. I've voted for Jeffrey a couple of times...

Top Chef Season 10 - Save A Chef - Feature - Bravo TV Official Site | Bravo TV Official Site
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I am happy to see LCK back. I would rather the show last a little longer to include iton TV, however.

CJ and Tyler were probably told to make seperate items that would work together. I don't expect to see them cook as a team in the future.

The voting is closed, dang. I would have voted for the woman who made the salad. She got a raw deal in both challenges. Hard to make a salad shine above any other dish, no matter how good it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast