+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle: Last Chance Kitchen/Save A Chef (BravoTV.com) *Spoilers*

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Top Chef Seattle: Last Chance Kitchen/Save A Chef (BravoTV.com) *Spoilers*

Lizzie's dish looked great, but it was something she'd done before. On the other hand, Kristen showed true skills by creating her dish on the fly. I'm pretty sure Tom will go with Kristen.

Tom told the finalists that the winner would walk through the door and into the finale. His inflection led me to believe that he was being literal.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I would put money on Kristin winning LCK. Brooke said, "wow," upon seeing the chef walk through the door. Kristin would elicit a stronger reaction because she has been out for 3 or 4 weeks. I just don't think Lizzie would be that much of a surprise. Tom was impressed with her creating a new dish on the spot, as well.

I just watched the latest LCK OnDemand, and I think, much to Tom's dismay and mine, Lizzie is the winner.
    In the previews for the upcoming Finale, I believe Brooke's "Wow" appears to be more of a shocked reaction. Kind of like, "I can't believe you made it over Kristin," as opposed to, "WOW! I knew you'd be here!"

I hope I'm wrong and you're right, Shoepie!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I just watched the latest LCK OnDemand, and I think, much to Tom's dismay and mine, Lizzie is the winner.
    In the previews for the upcoming Finale, I believe Brooke's "Wow" appears to be more of a shocked reaction. Kind of like, "I can't believe you made it over Kristin," as opposed to, "WOW! I knew you'd be here!"

I hope I'm wrong and you're right, Shoepie!
    Except Brooke doesn't know who the current winner of LCK is. All she knows is which chefs have competed there and who probably has a better chance of coming back (CJ, Kristen) and who doesn't (Josie).

One thing I thought of this week...unlike the earlier shows, Tom had already heard (and defended) the judges' decision in letting Kristen go by the time this LCK took place.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Except Brooke doesn't know who the current winner of LCK is. All she knows is which chefs have competed there and who probably has a better chance of coming back (CJ, Kristen) and who doesn't (Josie).
    I'm now pretty sure that the finale competition took place on Thursday, February 7. So Brooke would almost certainly have seen all LCK episodes up to Kristen vs. Stephan (which aired on 1/30) and probably Kristen vs. Lizzie (the previous night's episode), though perhaps the production didn't allow that. Either way she would know that it would have to be one of Kristen, Josh, Lizzie, or CJ.

I think it's possible to read a lot into the "wow" they showed that may or may not be there. That may not even be Brooke's reaction to the reveal of the LCK winner: it could just be her reaction to a statement made by Tom, Padma or the winner. Editing can make it look almost any way they want it to. Fortunately, it won't be long now until we know the truth!

Except Brooke doesn't know who the current winner of LCK is. All she knows is which chefs have competed there and who probably has a better chance of coming back (CJ, Kristen)... .
    Agree. I get that Brooke doesn't know who won LCK. I'm just thinking, based on exactly what you said, she does know who's competed and would not be nearly as surprised in a stunned way if Kristen walked out. She seems genuinely shocked to see this person -- hence why I think it's Lizzie. (I think all the chefs believe Kristen was The One to Beat.) Then again, editing rules and makes us make guesses in every which way. (Obviously, as we seem to prove it every day in all forums! )

...and who doesn't (Josie).
    TripleGemini likes this.

I didn't notice Brooke reacting in quite the same way as the commercial when Kristen came out ;-)

Yeah, that was totally not about the LCK winner. She was reacting to being told they would be competing in Tom's restaurant, I think. Or something like that.

I didn't notice Brooke reacting in quite the same way as the commercial when Kristen came out ;-)
    I know, right?! Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Yeah, that was totally not about the LCK winner. She was reacting to being told they would be competing in Tom's restaurant, I think. Or something like that.
    Curse those editors! Meh, again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789