+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle: Last Chance Kitchen/Save A Chef (BravoTV.com) *Spoilers*

Re: Top Chef Seattle: Last Chance Kitchen/Save A Chef (BravoTV.com) *Spoilers*

Kuniko won Save-a-Chef against John (shock!). Now it's Kuniko vs. Micah -- there are 4 days left to vote via Twitter.

I'm still fuzzy on how Save-a-Chef is going to be worked into the end of the season. They say the winner of SAC is going to compete in the LCK finale. The only way it would work that the winner or LCK goes back into the compeition is if the rest of the season (from the LCK finale to the semifinals on) is done live, or taped the same week. I haven't found a "rules" page at Bravo's site...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Kuniko won Save-a-Chef against John (shock!). Now it's Kuniko vs. Micah -- there are 4 days left to vote via Twitter.

I'm still fuzzy on how Save-a-Chef is going to be worked into the end of the season. They say the winner of SAC is going to compete in the LCK finale. The only way it would work that the winner or LCK goes back into the compeition is if the rest of the season (from the LCK finale to the semifinals on) is done live, or taped the same week. I haven't found a "rules" page at Bravo's site...
    Maybe the saved chef goes against the final winner in LCK and the winner of that round is the one who goes back in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Maybe the saved chef goes against the final winner in LCK and the winner of that round is the one who goes back in the competition.
    Well yeah, that part is clear. But they would have taped all those episodes a while ago, yet we're voting to save a chef now. They'd have to master time travel in order to pull this off.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Well yeah, that part is clear. But they would have taped all those episodes a while ago, yet we're voting to save a chef now. They'd have to master time travel in order to pull this off.
    Ahhh, that wasn't clear to me for some reason. I am going to blame the zen state of mind that overtakes those of a certain age.

So, you make a good point. It makes no sense to me at all.

And...Kristen won! She and CJ got to choose various items for the challenge (CJ chose "30 minutes" and a smoker, Kristen chose snapper and French). She made bouillabaisse.

Damn. CJ vs. Kristen, either way a worthy chef is out.

And after 6 wins, CJ was finally outcooked by someone. Kristen is the new LCK champ.

She belongs in the finals for sure, but I can't help feeling for CJ the same way I felt for Nyesha last year. I'll miss him. And if the judges had just done the right thing and sent Josie home tonight, this would have been a very different (better) season.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Damn. CJ vs. Kristen, either way a worthy chef is out.

And after 6 wins, CJ was finally outcooked by someone. Kristen is the new LCK champ.

She belongs in the finals for sure, but I can't help feeling for CJ the same way I felt for Nyesha last year. I'll miss him. And if the judges had just done the right thing and sent Josie home tonight, this would have been a very different (better) season.
    I totally agree. They were torn about eliminating Kristin and this was their nod to that.

I would have preferred CJ winning because Kristin was wrong in not standing up for herself. Who does that in a competition? Fight for your right to stay! I really like her, too. I am disappointed that she is responsible for another week of Jose. ARG!
    Last edited by Shoepie; 01-17-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Adore Kristin, hate CJ! Worked out great for me. Now, get Josie in there so Kristin can crush her.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Sooooo happy Kristin won! Great news... She's been my favorite since week one.

I think she made a huge mistake in not standing up for herself in the restaurant wars challenge. Josie is one lucky woman! You could tell the judges were just willing Kristin to speak up for herself so that they could save her but it's just not in her character.

Hope she keeps winning. I WANT her back in the race!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Sooooo happy Kristin won! Great news... She's been my favorite since week one.

I think she made a huge mistake in not standing up for herself in the restaurant wars challenge. Josie is one lucky woman! You could tell the judges were just willing Kristin to speak up for herself so that they could save her but it's just not in her character.

Hope she keeps winning. I WANT her back in the race!!!
    I wish her well, but don't feel compelled to watch anymore of this season. It was such ridiculous. They has to be a a way to avoid great chefs being in LCK and much lesser ones continuing to skate by. That annoys me and makes me want to walk. That show has a way of doing that though.
    Florimel, Duckyface and Dragonlady like this.

+ Reply to Thread