+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: Top Chef Seattle 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think they're "above" tools like thermometers. Besides, checking a turkey with a thermometer is a little whacky...it measures differently depending on where you put it. That said, I agree with AZChristian, it's pretty basic. Just pierce it with a fork! I've seen other TV chefs wiggle the leg and/or make a small cut between the leg and the body to see if the juices run clear. If not for immunity, I think she would have been eliminated.
    AZChristian likes this.

Re: Top Chef Seattle 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Josie definitely would have gone if she didn't have immunity. It was a stupid mistake for such a seasoned chef. Sorry to see Kuniko go, but she didn't seem to have the drive to put herself first, so you know she would have been gone sooner rather than later with this group of people.

The shrieking harpy is nuts, but she makes for hilarious tv. I loved the looks on CJ's and Stefan's faces when she went off on them. Never mind that you can't understand half of what she says when she really gets rolling! She'll make Stefan's life a living hell, and that will be fun to watch.

Tom's menu won because he used what must have been 50 lbs of butter. The turkey was stuffed with 5 lbs under the skin. The potatoes were half butter, half potato. Really, Tom?? That's just ridiculous. Delicious, I'm sure, but ridiculous.

That said, pretty much everything looked tasty to me. What do I know, it was stuffing and potatoes and gravy!! YUM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12