+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Shoepie
  • 1 Post By Debb70
  • 1 Post By kireelady

Thread: Top Chef Masters 8/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 8/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Thai One On" -- Dita Von Teese stops by. Which means there will be some kinkyness involved in the challenge. Yum!

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef Masters 8/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I agreed with Art going. I used to like him more than I do now. Sweet, quirky guy but not as versatile as the others and annoying at times. It was a mistake to make a strong chocolate base for his floating island. I like chocolate but when too intense it is unpleasant and that dish was huge.

I cannot remember their names. I rely on contestant threads to cement them in my mind.

I like the hispanic woman but she also seems stuck in her style. Her quick fire was far from sensual!
    Florimel likes this.

Lorena may have found that dish sexy, but it wouldn't have worked for me (I don't really enjoy spicy foods, although I do love avocado).

I just really couldn't get into Art this season...I've seen him on other seasons (and other shows) and really enjoyed him, but it's like he lost a lot of his personality along with all that weight. Which is too bad.

I was glad Chris won, that Kerry admitted that he screwed up when creating the critics' dishes, and that Patricia made it through. But really, taking over a Thai restaurant at this point in the competition? That's just mean.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I was sad to see Art go. I tend to base my decisions about elimination on things the judges don't see . . . . like the behavior in the kitchen. If I was on the panel, I'd have voted Lorena off.

I had no idea - absolutely none - who that Dita Von Tease chick was . . . . and yes, the misspelling of her last name was intentional!

The Thai place they all raved about looked like a little hole in the wall place you stumble upon when you are really hungry. Makes you wonder why they don't have a more lux location if they are all that and a slice of roti.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I wish Art could have pulled out better dishes. He was my favorite by far. He didn't seem to try all that hard IMO and I don't know why. I doubt I will watch the rest of the season. Art was what drew me in.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Sad that Art is gone. Darn!
    Dragonlady likes this.

About Art: me too!

FORT Fogey

I loved Art too. He just failed in the difersity needed. I have been making his biscuits for years............do it! None better. Really. So is his fried chicken.

+ Reply to Thread